Board of Appeals
Wednesday, September 7 2005
TIME: 7:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, will conduct a public hearing at the Taycheedah Town Hall, W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway, Fond du Lac, on Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, at 7:30 p.m., for the purpose of considering a variance request submitted by Elmer Thome. Mr. Thome requests an exception to Section 13-1-80(a)(1), Existing Nonconforming Uses, of the Town of Taycheedah Code of Ordinances. The Thome’s propose to construct an addition to their home. The existing structure lacks sufficient front setback to comply with the ordinance. The property is located at N8792 Cty. W.
All effected and interested parties are encouraged to attend and be heard. The Town Board members may be in attendance.
Brenda A. Schneider
Secretary of Appeals Board
The Town of Taycheedah Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, on behalf of Elmer Thome. Mr. Thome requests a variance to Sect. 13-1-80(a)(1) of the Town of Taycheedah’s Code of Ordinances to allow for the enlargement of a nonconforming structure with a reduced setbacks. Members present were Chairman James Rosenthal, John Buechel, Tom Friess, Bob Holzman and Barb Bertram. The Secretary, Brenda Schneider, taped recorded the hearing and took notes. The Chairman called the hearing to order at 7:03 p.m.. The Secretary read the notice.
Elmer Thome was sworn in. His testimony was as follows:
• Mr. Thome’s house has one bedroom and one bathroom on the main floor.
• The bathroom door is 26” wide; not accessible with a walker or wheelchair.
• Mr. Thome had knee surgery last January. It was difficult for him to get in and out of the bathroom.
• The front setback of the house is approximately 22 feet from the center of Railroad Street.
• The street was established after the house was built.
• Mr. Thome plans to construct an addition to the house in order to enlarge the bedroom; which would also allow him to install a wider door.
• The addition would be 7’2” x 7’8” at the back of the house.
• The right sideyard setback of the house is approximately 30” from the edge of Mr. Koenigs’ driveway.
• The addition would not encroach closer to the lot line.
• The roof-line will not extend further than the existing roof-line.
Delmore Koenigs and Dick Schaefer, representing Agri-Land Coop, were present and did not object to the variance petition. The western portion of Railroad Street was abandoned by the Town Board. Abandonment of the entire road would land-lock Delmore Koenigs. The Town improved the street with grading and recycled blacktop. Agri-Land plows the snow.
John Buechel motioned to approve the variance request as submitted due to the construction of the road after the construction of the home and under the condition that the Town will not be held liable in the event of any future conflicts that may be caused by any change in the location of the road right-of-way, seconded by Barb Bertram.
Roll call vote:
Bob Holzman aye
Tom Friess aye
John Buechel aye
Barb Bertram aye
Jim Rosenthal aye Motion carried unanimously.
Jim Rosenthal motioned to adjourn the public hearing at 7:48 p.m., seconded by Barb Bertram. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home