Monday, September 12 2005
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
A representative of East Central Wisconsin Regional Planning will meet with the Town Board to discuss assisting the Town in the development of a Smart Growth Plan.
No official action will be taken by the Town Board.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Town Board of the Town of Taycheedah met for a workshop/informational meeting on Monday, September 12th, 2005, at 7:00 p.m., at the Town Hall. Members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors Tim Simon, Mike Wirtz, Jim Bertram and John Abler and Clerk Brenda Schneider.
A representative of East Central Wisconsin Regional Planning will meet with the Town Board to discuss assisting the Town in the development of a Smart Growth Plan. Fred Scharnke, East Central discussed assistance with the development of a Smart Growth Plan. Mr. Scharnke’s presentation covered the following issues:
• The Wisconsin Department of Administration administers a grant program for the development of Smart Growth Plans. The grant could fund 50% of the project with a maximum grant of $30,000. Multi-jurisdictional plans are funded up to 60%. The program is very competitive. Multi-jurisdictional plans have an increased chance of being awarded a grant. Grant applications are due November 1st of each year. East Central would probably not assist the Town with the grant application.
• All municipalities are required to have adopted a Smart Growth Plan by January 1st, 2010. After Jan. 1st, 2010, all zoning decisions must be based upon a Smart Growth Plan. All zoning decisions would be open to legal challenge if the Town fails to adopt a Smart Growth Plan by Jan. 1st, 2010.
• A Smart Growth Plan consists of the following nine elements:
o Issues and Opportunities Element
o Housing Element
o Transportation Element
o Utilities and Community Facilities Element
o Agricultural, Natural and Cultural Resources Element
o Economic Development Element
o Intergovernmental Cooperation Element
o Land Use Element
o Implementation Element
• Mr. Scharnke estimated a cost of approximately $40,000.00 to assist the Town with the development of a Smart Growth Plan. The cost may be adjusted due to the annual dues paid to East Central.
• Mr. Scharnke estimated a timeline of 30 months to complete the plan.
The informational meeting adjourned at 7:40 p.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home