Board of Appeals
Tuesday, October 4 2005
TIME: 7:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, will conduct a public hearing at the Taycheedah Town Hall, W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway, on Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, at 7:30 p.m., for the purpose of considering a variance request submitted by Stan & Lori Freund. The Freund’s request an exception to Section 13-1-24(f)(3), Highway setbacks, of the Town of Taycheedah Code of Ordinances. The Freund’s propose to construct a 24’x60’ addition on their home The proposed addition would have reduced setbacks from Meadow Drive and Lakeview Road. The property is located at W4002 Meadow Drive.
All effected and interested parties are encouraged to attend and be heard. The Town Board members may be in attendance.
Brenda A. Schneider
Secretary of Appeals Board
The Town of Taycheedah Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, on behalf of Stan Freund. Mr. Freund requests a variance to Sect. 13-1-24(f)(3)(a) of the Town of Taycheedah’s Code of Ordinances to allow for a reduced front and side setback. Members present were Chairman James Rosenthal, John Buechel, Tom Friess, Bob Holzman and Barb Bertram. The Secretary, Brenda Schneider, taped recorded the hearing and took notes. The Chairman called the public hearing to order. The Secretary read the notice.
Stan Freund was sworn in. His testimony was as follows:
• Mr. Freund hopes to construct a 24’x60’ one-story addition to his home.
• He requests a variance for a front setback of 90 ft. from Meadow Drive; which would include the overhang.
• The addition would need to extend forward in order to tie in the roofline of the existing structure.
• His contractor is proposing a 96’ setback from Meadow Drive and a 104’ setback from Lakeview Road. Stan is projecting approximately 93’ from Meadow Drive and 96’ from Lakeview Road.
• The homes to the north and east are allowed front setback of 30’ from the right-of-way because their lots are part of a platted subdivision. Mr. Freund’s lot was created by a certified survey map; which requires a 100’ setback.
• The addition is planned to have a 2’ overhang.
• The addition is also planned for a 5’ protrusion from the existing structure.
The Board of Appeals members discussed the varying setbacks of the addition.
No public objection was presented.
Tom Friess motioned to grant the variance based upon the dimensions provided by Stan Freund which were that the sidewalls shall not be closer than 93 ft. from Meadow Drive and that the sidewalls shall not be closed than 96 ft. from Lakeview Road, seconded by Bob Holzman.
Roll call vote:
Bob Holzman aye
Barb Bertram aye
John Buechel aye
Tom Friess aye
Jim Rosenthal aye Motion carried unanimously.
John Buechel motioned to adjourn the public hearing at 8:02 p.m, seconded by Tom Friess. Motion carried.
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home