Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, October 11 2005
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 9/13/05 meeting.
3. Status report of the project.
4. Consideration and possible action regarding the adjustment of a lateral and riser.
5. Status of Tom Mashock’s restoration complaint.
6. Consideration and possible acceptance of the Certificate of Final Completion.
7. Status report on connections.
8. Status of the Operations & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1.
9. Discuss the mainline sewer capacity purchased from Fond du Lac Sanitary District No. 2.
10. Approval of District bills.
11. Schedule the next meeting.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, October 11th, 2005, at 9:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting the October monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present was Dennis Steigenberger, Foth & Van Dyke.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m.
2. Approval of meeting minutes. The Commission reviewed the minutes of the 9/13/05 meeting. Upon hearing no objections, the President declared the minutes approved a presented.
3. Status report of the project. Gertie Merten’s restoration complaint should be resolved within a week or two. The necessary equipment has arrived and the utilities have been marked.
Odor complaints have been received from the Cty. W and Hemlock Road area. The force main becomes a gravity sewer in that vicinity. Maintenance personnel changed the charcoal filters four weeks ago. It is assumed, due to the lack of response from the complainants, the issue has been resolved. Dennis Steigenberger explained the option of installing a chemical-drip odor reduction system in the wet-well of the lift station.
All of the grinder pump services have been connected with the exception of Mike Lefeber. President Schmitz will contact the Fond du Lac County Code Enforcement Agent.
The Commission reviewed a draft letter to be submitted to Rural Development regarding the eligibility of purchasing safety equipment, back-up equipment, the District’s cost-share of the Luco Road lift station and the capacity purchase from Fond du Lac Sanitary District No. 2.
Foth & Van Dyke intends to close the CDBG grant at the November meeting.
4. Consideration and possible action regarding the adjustment of a lateral and riser. The lateral cards for the Franz Schmitz and Steve Rockow properties indicated the lateral stubs were 10 feet below grade. During connection, it was discovered that the lateral stubs were six feet below grade. The contractor started at the homes and worked toward the road. By the time the discrepancy was discovered; a joint trench was dug to accommodate the 10 foot depth. An additional cost of approximately $200.00 was incurred for labor and additional gravel to raise the depth of the trench. It is believed that PTS supplied the lateral stub depth information to the engineer. Foth & Van Dyke will work with PTS for the additional cost of gravel and time. Franz Schmitz will submit the invoice to Foth.
5. Status of Tom Mashock’s restoration complaint. Dan Mundt, Foth & Van Dyke, and Mark Schleis, PTS, have been in contact with Mr. Mashock. Mark Schleis has indicated that he will take care of the complaint. Mark instructed Tom to have the concrete replaced and send the bill to PTS.
6. Consideration and possible acceptance of the Certificate of Final Completion. PTS Construction, Inc. has submitted the necessary documents to Foth & Van Dyke. Dennis Steigenberger does not intend to submit them to the Commission until their November meeting in order to allow time for PTS to resolve Mr. Mashock’s concrete complaint.
7. Status report on connections. 111 permits have been issued. 93 of the 111 structures have been connected. 18 remain to be connected. A few properties are connected and using the system but have yet to complete the necessary internal work for final inspection. And a few of the properties are connected to the lateral stub but are not using the system due to a need to alter the internal plumbing.
The property owners that obtained their sewer connection permits but have yet to connect will be billed the $50.00 monthly user charge beginning on their deadline date.
Only one property owner failed to apply for his sewer connection permit by his deadline. Pursuant to previous action taken by the Commission, the property owner will be charged a $75.00 per month user charge beginning August 11th.
The deadline for connection of gravity served property was July 15th and the deadline for properties served by grinder pumps was August 11th. Section 6.01 of the District’s Sewer Use Ordinance authorizes the Commission to cause a connection to be made six months after the deadline date. The Commission will continue to monitor the connections.
8. Review the draft Operation & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1. The draft agreement was submitted to Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1. TSD No. 1 has yet to respond.
October 11th, 2005 Johnsburg Sanitary District 2.
9. Discuss the mainline sewer capacity purchased from Fond du Lac Sanitary District No. 2. The amending agreement has yet to be received.
10. Approval of District bills. Dennis Lefeber motioned to approve the bills (order nos. 97-105), seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
The next meeting will be held on November 1st, at 9:00 a.m.
11. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at approximately 10:00 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home