Wednesday, November 2 2005
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Plan Commission of the Town of Taycheedah will conduct a public hearing on Wednesday, November 2nd, at 7:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall for the purpose of making a recommendation to the Town Board on the petition of REC Engineering, LLC, representing Jim Emerich and Jim Roberts, Roberts Homes, to rezone the following described property from Agricultural Transitional (A-T) to Single-Family Residential with public sewer (R-1):
The SE 1/4 of the NW 1/4 of Section 21, T16N-R18E, Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin.
The property abuts Lakeview Road.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that the Town Board will meet on Monday, November 14th, 2005, at 7:30 p.m. at the Taycheedah Town Hall for the purpose of considering the recommendation of the Plan Commission and to act on the above petition.
Town Board members may be in attendance at the Plan Commission public hearing.
Dated this 21st day of October, 2005.
Brenda A. Schneider, Town Clerk
The Town of Taycheedah Plan Commission conducted a public hearing on Wednesday, November 2nd, 2005, at 7:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of making a recommendation to the Town Board on behalf of Jim Emerich & Jim Roberts, Roberts Homes, request to rezone the SE 1/4 of the NW 1/4 of Section 21 from A-T (Agricultural Transitional) to R-1 (Single-Family Residential with public sewer). The 40 acre parcel abuts Lakeview Road. Members present were Chairman John Wagner, Bill Spieker, Bud Sabel, Mike Wirtz, Joan Simon, Leon Schneider, and Secretary Brenda Schneider. Joe Thome was absent.
The Chairman called the public hearing to order at 7:03 p.m..
Ron Cunzenheim, REC Engineering, representing Jim Emerich and Jim Roberts, gave the following presentation regarding the rezone request:
• Roberts Homes is proposing to develop the property for single-family residential use with public sewer.
• The development would be served by sanitary sewer.
• The rezone request complies with the Town’s comprehensive plan.
• The proposed development will have water retention.
• The proposed development is surrounded by residential uses.
• Sanitary sewer is planned for the area.
• Mr. Cunzenheim has asked for a meeting with the sanitary district commission. The commission recommended waiting until the rezone is approved.
• He expects to take the sewer to Silica Road however; Sanitary District No. 3 will decide the location.
• Jim Emerich is not interested in rezoning the 40+/- acres to the north.
• The projection for the business zoned land is unknown.
• The lot sizes in the proposed development meet the 1/2 acre minimum.
• Restrictive covenants are in a preliminary form. They will be submitted at the Preliminary Plat stage.
• The sale of the property is contingent upon the rezoning.
Some neighboring property owners had the following comments and concerns:
• On the east side of the parcel, there is a 75’ outlot which abuts Edgewood Lane. There was a suggestion that a road be connected from the new development to Edgewood Lane. The Town’s ordinance requires the dedication of open space. An extension of the pedestrian trail could be used to meet a portion of that requirement. The ordinance requires .04 to .2 acres per lot; to be determined during the plat stage.
• A State funded snowmobile trail crosses the property on the south edge. The local club is concerned about continued use for the trail. Ron Cunzenheim will speak to the owner.
• A pedestrian trail could be established along the south boundary of the parcel. A dedicated trail extends from Lakeview Road westward to the Town Park.
• Current and future drainage issues were discussed. The developer will be required, per Fond du Lac County Ordinance, to address the retention of surface water at the Preliminary Plat stage.
• The additional need for fire protection and increased traffic was a concern.
Plan Commission discussion was as follows:
• Member Bud Sabel performed a drive-by tour of the Town. He determined that there are approximately 152 vacant lots in the Sunset Drive area, Fisherman’s Estates subdivision, Sand Hill Ridge subdivision and Hawk’s Landing subdivision. Approximately 100 of those lots are in the Taycheedah Sanitary District No.3. Some of the members feel the Town should be encouraging infill of the lots before approving rezones for more development.
• The sanitary district would review the timing of sewer extensions to Parkview Court, Stoneridge Drive and Maplewood Lane. Bill Gius, President of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3, informed the Plan Commission that the development of the Emerich property was anticipated and incorporated in their plans.
John Wagner motioned to recommend the Town Board approve the rezone request submitted on behalf of Jim Emerich and Jim Roberts from A-T to R-1, seconded by Bill Spieker. Motion carried (4-2-1 abstention, 1 absent). Nay-Joan Simon and Bud Sabel.
Mike Wirtz motioned to adjourn at 7:47 p.m., seconded by Bud Sabel. Motion carried (6-0-1 absent).
Brenda A. Schneider
Plan Commission Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home