Board of Appeals
Thursday, November 3 2005
TIME: 7:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, will conduct a public hearing at the Taycheedah Town Hall, W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway, on Thursday, November 3rd, 2005, at 7:30 p.m., for the purpose of considering a variance request submitted by John Rixen, owner of Fisherman’s Cove. Mr. Rixen requests an exception to Section 13-1-80(a)(1), Existing Nonconforming Uses, of the Town of Taycheedah Code of Ordinances. Mr. Rixen proposes to construct three additions to the existing structure. The existing structure lacks sufficient front setback to comply with the ordinance. The property is located at N9176 Hwy. 151.
All effected and interested parties are encouraged to attend and be heard.
The Town Board members may be in attendance.
Brenda A. Schneider
Secretary of Appeals Board
The Town of Taycheedah Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on Thursday, November 3rd, 2005, on behalf of John Rixen, doing business as Fisherman’s Cove. Mr. Rixen requests a variance to Section 13-1-80(a)(1) of the Town of Taycheedah’s Code of Ordinances to allow for the enlargement of a nonconforming structure with a reduced setbacks. Members present were Chairman James Rosenthal, John Buechel, Tom Friess, Bob Holzman and Barb Bertram. The Secretary, Brenda Schneider, tape recorded the hearing and took notes. The Chairman called the hearing to order at 8:10 p.m.. The Secretary read the notice.
John Rixen was sworn in. His testimony was as follows:
• The structure was built in 1948; which was 10 years before the highway was expanded.
• The expansion of the highway created a non-conforming structure.
• He plans to construct three additions to the structure:
o 12’ x 21’ Handicap-accessible bathrooms,
o 20’ x 20’ kitchen expansion,
o 12’ x 22’ walk-in cooler and storage.
• The bathroom addition would extend the walls to corner-off the north and east sides; not impeding any further into the setback.
• Removing the existing bathroom from it’s current location will double the seating in the restaurant.
• The current setback from Hwy. 151 is 58’9”.
• The current setback from Fisherman’s Road is 75’6 “.
• The kitchen addition will triple the kitchen space.
• They are currently using space in the basement for kitchen preparation work.
• The Health Dept. wants all kitchen work done on one floor.
• The exterior appearance of the additions will be the same as the current exterior.
Bill Casper and John Zahn voiced support of the requested variance citing the need for the improved bathrooms, kitchen space and dining space.
John Buechel motioned to approve the request for a variance as submitted, citing the pre-existing structure status, noted that the additions will not further impede on the current setbacks, the improvement to the property and the need to comply with handicap accessibility requirements, seconded by Tom Friess.
Roll call vote:
Bob Holzman aye
Barb Bertram aye
John Buechel aye
Tom Friess aye
Jim Rosenthal aye Motion carried unanimously.
John Buechel motioned to recess at 8:35 p.m., seconded by Barb Bertram. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home