Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3
Wednesday, February 22 2006
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 1/18/06 meeting.
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
1) Discuss treatment plant capacity and sewer service area issues.
2) Discuss compiling a newsletter.
1) Review and possible approval of the sewer service plans for Lakeview Estates Subdivision.
2) Consideration and possible approval of an extension of the mandatory connection waiver granted for the Orzechowski/Esser properties located on Lakeview Road.
3) Consideration and possible approval of a Engagement Letter submitted by
G M Hietpas, CPA, LLC to provide accounting services for 2006.
4) Consideration and possible action to contribute toward a mailbox and drop box to be located at the Recording Secretary’s office.
5) Approval of bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Commission met on Wednesday, February 22nd, 2006, at 6:30 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting the February monthly meeting. Members present were President Bill Gius, Commissioners Mike Freund and John Rickert and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present was Bud Sabel, Maintenance Personnel. The meeting was tape recorded.
Call to order. President Gius called the meeting to order at 6:35 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Bill Gius motioned to approve the minutes of the January 18th, 2006 meeting as presented, seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
Bud Sabel reported that a manhole cover on Silica Road was knocked off by the snowplow. The cover has been repositioned; however, the chimney seal may need to be replaced. It will be checked in spring.
Bud also reported that the pumps in the lift station located at Church Road continue to show much higher run-times than two other lift stations serving the same number of homes. There was also a spike in run-time during the week of Jan.2nd-9th. The pumps ran 73.6 minutes in comparison to the typical +/- 53 minutes a week. The other two stations run 12-25 hours per week. Inspector Don Moore will be asked to perform inspections of the houses being served by the Church Road lift station. Bud will continue to monitor the pumps, particularly during warm, wet weather.
The Miller grinder pump seems to be operating properly.
1. Discuss treatment plant capacity and sewer service area issues. Ron Cunzenheim verified that he has contacted the City on behalf of Taycheedah Sanitary District #1 and Fond du Lac Sanitary Districts No. 3 and 4 regarding the need to purchase additional capacity in the treatment plant. City staff informed Ron that capacity is available. City staff advised that the districts need to apply for additional capacity by following the procedures outlined in the Wastewater Agreement.
East Central Regional Planning has been in contact with Recording Secretary/Town Clerk Brenda Schneider regarding Taycheedah Sanitary District No 1’s need to acquire additional acreage in their sewer service area.
2. Discuss compiling a newsletter. A newsletter will be discussed at a next meeting.
1. Review and possible approval of the sewer service plans for Lakeview Estates Subdivision. Ron Cunzenheim, representing Roberts Homes, met with the Commission. Mr. Cunzenheim informed the Commission that he had met with the Town Board. The Town Board has approved the Preliminary Plat; which establishes the lot layout. Mr. Cunzenheim and the Commission discussed the sewer plan approval process and associated charges. The Commission advised Mr. Cunzenheim to consider the impact the development’s sewer service design will have on sewer service to neighboring lands in the future. The initial engineering indicated sewer service down Lakeview Road in order to serve all of the areas. Mr. Cunzenheim will submit the plans to Foth & Van Dyke for their review and comment.
2. Consideration and possible approval of an extension of the mandatory connection waiver granted for the Orzechowski/Esser properties located on Lakeview Road. Jamie Fiebig is proposing to purchase the two landlocked parcels currently owned by Lawrence and Elizabeth Esser. The parcels have a recorded road access easement though the Orzechowski property. Mr. Fiebig has made an offer to purchase contingent upon not having to extend the sewer to the properties. The Town has determined that the two lots are buildable. Mr. Fiebig intends to refurbish the existing home and build a new home on the Esser parcels.
On September 19th, 2002, the Commission approved a waiver of the mandatory connection due to the property owner’s request and the lack of cost-effectiveness. The Orzechowski property has potential for development.
President Bill Gius acknowledged the action taken by the District on 9/19/02 stands and recognizes that the Town Board has jurisdiction over future development and the owner may be required to pay for sewer construction in the future. Bill Gius motioned that all existing Town and Sanitary District ordinances would apply at the time the Orzechowski property is developed, seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
February 22nd, 2006 St. Peter Sanitary District 2.
3. Consideration and possible approval of an Engagement Letter submitted by G M Hietpas, CPA, LLC to provide accounting services for 2006. Bill Gius motioned to accept the Engagement Letter, seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
4. Consideration and possible action to contribute toward a mailbox and drop box to be located at the Recording Secretary’s office. The Commission took no action.
5. Approval of bills. Invoices were presented by Foth & Van Dyke and Schenck Business Solutions for the analysis of the allocation of project costs. The Commission took action at last month’s meeting to submit the invoices to the Town Board for payment. Bill Gius moved to approve the bills based upon summary version #3, totaling $23,651.24 (order nos. 18-32), seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (2-0-1). Abstention-Mike Freund.
Per discussion, approval of the invoices notes the following adjustments:
• #19 Schenck Business Solutions deny payment,
• #23 Foth & Van Dyke reduce payment by $907.00,
• #32 Taycheedah San. Dist. #1 deny payment of #1 O&M, past due amount and interest.
Mike Freund made a point of order that discussion has to occur before a vote is taken.
Bill Gius made the following motion:
• authorize the transfer of $11,800.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• authorize the transfer of $269.12 from the Operations/Inspections Account to the regular checking account for the Inspectors’ payroll,
• authorize the transfer of $11,543.00 from the Debt Service to the regular checking account,
• authorize the transfer of $27,441.12 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• authorize the transfer of $1,535.70 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
The motion was seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (2-0-1). Abstention-Mike Freund.
Mike Freund requested that the Recording Secretary listen to the tape from the March 2005 meeting and amend the minutes to include a missing motion regarding the election of officers.
John Rickert asked the Recording Secretary about the number of property owners who have not taken out a lateral connection permit.
Adjournment. Mike Freund motioned to adjourn at 7:45 p.m., seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home