Board of Appeals
Monday, March 20 2006
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, will conduct a public hearing at the Taycheedah Town Hall, W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway, on Monday, March 20th, 2006, at 7:00 p.m., for the purpose of considering a variance request submitted by The Schneider Investments Group, d.b.a. Silica Plumbing and Heating, Inc.. The Schneider Investments Group requests an exception to Section 13-1-24(f)(3), Highway setbacks, of the Town of Taycheedah Code of Ordinances, for the construction of a 28’x56’ addition to an existing building which would establish an 83 foot front setback. The property is located at N8582 Cty. QQ.
All effected and interested parties are encouraged to attend and be heard. The Town Board members may be in attendance.
Brenda A. Schneider
Secretary of Appeals Board
The Town of Taycheedah Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on Monday, March 20th, 2006, at 7:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of considering a variance petition filed by Schneider Investments Group, d.b.a. Silica Plumbing & Heating, Inc.. Members present were Chairman James Rosenthal, Barb Bertram, John Buechel, Gale Burg and Bob Holzman.
The Chairman called the public hearing to order at 7:03 p.m.. Secretary Brenda Schneider read to public notice. The public hearing was tape recorded.
Paul J. Schneider was sworn in. His testimony and responses to Board of Appeals members questions were as follows:
• The size of their lot limits expansion to the north or south.
• They wish to expand to the west, toward Cty. QQ, for a functional showroom and office.
• The addition is proposed to have an 83 foot setback from the center of Cty. QQ.
• The building currently does not have water or sewer service.
• A lateral stub was installed by the Sanitary District for sewer service to the building.
• The functional showroom will allow them to demonstrate the different type of showers that are now available.
• Roman Schneider’s house is approximately 100 feet from the centerline and Roger Schneider’s house is approximately 40 feet.
• Reducing the size of the addition by 17 feet would require the reduction of the size of the showroom and office.
• The addition is planned to be offset by 2 feet from the original building for aesthetic purposes.
• According to Paul, Roman Schneider does not have issues with the addition.
• They have purchased the land from Roman Schneider. They have also purchased some land from Alphonse Schneider.
• Parking will be along the south side of the addition to the building.
• Parking at the former Silica Appliance building is used by their employees only. The building is currently being used as a warehouse.
• Cty. QQ was widened approximately 20 years ago. Paul does not recall if the site lost any land with the road expansion.
• The addition will have a shingled roof with vinyl siding. The roofline will be lower than the existing roofline.
Gale Burg motioned to approve the variance request for a reduced front yard setback conditional upon a surveyor establishing the 83 foot setback to the building site, seconded by John Buechel. Roll call vote:
Bob Holzman yes
Barb Bertram yes
John Buechel yes
Gale Burg yes
Jim Rosenthal yes Motion carried (5-0).
John Buechel motioned to adjourn at 7:16 p.m., seconded by Jim Rosenthal. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
Board of Appeals Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home