Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, May 2 2006
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 4/3/06 meeting.
3. Consideration and possible action regarding the repair or replacement of a faulty lift station pump.
4. Discuss operational issues-odor complaints, etc.
5. Status report on connections.
6. Consideration and possible action to amend the ordinance to establish a fee for special meetings to be paid by the individual(s) requesting the special meeting.
7. Status of the draft Operation & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1.
8. Consideration and possible action to establish the compensation of maintenance assistants.
9. Approval of District bills.
10. Schedule the next meeting.
11. Commissionerís reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, May 2nd, 2006, at 9:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting the May monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 9:04 a.m.
2. Approval of meeting minutes. The Commission reviewed the minutes of the 4/3/06 meeting. Hearing no objections, the President declared the minutes approved a presented.
3. Consideration and possible action regarding the repair or replacement of a faulty lift station pump. The pump has been re-installed and seems to be working properly. The District has not been billed for the repair work. LW Allen has submitted a written report regarding repairs made to the pump and possible causes of the malfunction. Franz will follow-up with Foth & Van Dyke.
4. Discuss operational issues-odor complaints, etc. The charcoal filters seem to have eliminated the odor problems. The Commission will continue to monitor the issue and determined if the filters can be removed once all of the homes are connected.
5. Status report on connections. The report was as follows: 112 permits have been issued, 101 of the 112 structures have been connected and received final inspection and 11 remain to be connected. A few connections have been made but not yet reported by the inspectors. A few properties are connected and using the system but have yet to complete the necessary internal work for final inspection. The deadline for connection of gravity-served property was July 15th, 2005 and the deadline for properties served by grinder pumps was August 11th, 2005. Section 6.01 of the Districtís Sewer Use Ordinance authorizes the Commission to cause a connection to be made six months after the deadline date.
The Commission wishes to finalize the project as soon as possible.
6. Consideration and possible action to amend the ordinance to establish a fee for special meetings to be paid by the individual(s) requesting the special meeting. The Towns Association will be asked for a legal opinion prior to any action.
7. Status of the draft Operation & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1. The draft agreement was submitted to Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 in August 2005. TSD#1 recently submitted a counter-offer to Attorney John St. Peter. The meeting with Dan Deuster, with their attorney, Franz, Brenda and Attorney John St. Peter for discussion purposes only did not occur due to a communication error. The Commission wishes to proceed with a meeting of all of the affected districts, with their attorneys, in an attempt to settle the issue. If the group is still unable to resolve the issue; the Commission will ask the Technical Standards Committee to review the issue.
8. Consideration and possible action to establish the compensation of maintenance assistants. Dennis Lefeber motioned to establish the wage for maintenance assistants at $14.00 per hour, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
9. Approval of District bills. Ken Schneider motioned to approve the bills, with an amendment to #45, Edgarton, St. Peter, Petak & Rosenfeldt, payment of $35.00 only, (order nos. 39-48), seconded by Dennis Lefeber. Motion carried (3-0).
10. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 6th, at 9:00 a.m.
11. Commissionersí reports and comments. The Commissioners will attend the NIMS training on May 15th in Mt. Calvary.
The Commission will meet with Jeff Mazanec to review the Districtís SSES results on May 12th, at 1:00 p.m., at the Town Hall.
One property owner requested a different colored globe.
None of the Commissioners received comments in response to the insert in the last quarterly billing.
12. Adjournment. Dennis Lefeber motioned to adjourn at 10:30 a.m., seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home