Board of Appeals
Tuesday, July 25 2006
TIME: 7:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, will conduct a public hearing at the Taycheedah Town Hall, W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway, Fond du Lac, on Tuesday, July 25th, 2006, at 7:30 p.m., for the purpose of considering a variance request submitted by Mike & Lannette Diederichs. Mr. & Mrs. Diederichs request an exception to Section 13-1-80(a)(1), Existing Nonconforming Uses, of the Town of Taycheedah Code of Ordinances. The Diederichs’ propose to construct an addition to their home. The existing structure lacks sufficient front setback from Schaefer Road to comply with the ordinance. The property is located at N8125 Schaefer Road.
All effected and interested parties are encouraged to attend and be heard.
The Town Board members may be in attendance.
Brenda A. Schneider
Board of Appeals Secretary
The Town of Taycheedah Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on Tuesday, July 25th, 2006, on behalf of Michael & Lannette Diederichs. Mr. & Mrs. Diederichs request a variance to Sect. 13-1-80(a)(1) of the Town of Taycheedah’s Code of Ordinances to allow for the enlargement of a nonconforming structure with a reduced setbacks. Members present were Chairman James Rosenthal, John Buechel, Tom Friess, Bob Holzman and Barb Bertram. The Secretary, Brenda Schneider, taped recorded the hearing and took notes. The Chairman called the hearing to order at 7:36 p.m.. The Secretary read the notice.
Michael Diederichs was sworn in. His testimony was as follows:
• They intend to build an attached garage and relocate the laundryroom, bathroom and create an exercise/gameroom within the addition.
• The concrete floor of the old detached garage had deteriorated and the doors no longer worked.
• The laundryroom room is above a crawl-space. The foundation of the crawl-space is crumbling and in need of replacement.
• The addition will be approximately 112 feet from the center of Schaefer Road. The existing house is approximately 52 feet from the right-of-way.
• The addition will have a full basement under the laundryroom/bathroom area.
• The old detached garage has been demolished.
• When the Town rebuilds Schaefer Road, it will shift closer to his house.
• The State reconstructed Hwy. 149 recently. The State widened and aligned the intersection of Schaefer Road and Hwy. 149. The center of Schaefer Road at the intersection appears to be consistent with the current location of the road.
• About nine years ago, he built a 15 foot addition to the existing house toward the west. The Town’s Permit Issuer approved the permit for the addition without question.
• The addition will not further encroach the current setback from Schaefer Road.
• The addition will be approximately 60x36.
No interested or effected parties were in attendance to object or support the variance petition.
Barb Bertram motioned to grant the variance as stated, noting the addition conforms to the setbacks, seconded by Tom Friess.
Roll call vote:
Bob Holzman aye
Tom Friess aye
John Buechel aye
Barb Bertram aye
Jim Rosenthal aye Motion carried unanimously.
John Buechel motioned to adjourn the public hearing at 8:04 p.m., seconded by Barb Bertram. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home