Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, August 1 2006
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 7/10/06 meeting.
3. Discuss the repairs made to the lift station pump.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Status report on connections.
6. Consideration and possible action regarding the lateral connection at Agri-Land Coop.
7. Discuss amendment to the ordinance to establish penalties for failure to complete connections.
8. Status of the draft Operation & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1.
9. Approval of District bills.
10. Schedule the next meeting.
11. Commissionerís reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, August 1st, 2006, at 9:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting the August monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioner Dennis Lefeber and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Commissioner Ken Schneider was absent.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 9:05 a.m.
2. Approval of meeting minutes. The Commission reviewed the minutes of the 7/10/06 meeting. Hearing no objections, the President declared the minutes approved a presented.
3. Discuss the repairs made to the lift station pump. L.W. Allen has submitted a bill to the District for the repairs to the pump. The bill for $5,366.97 was returned to L.W. Allen with documentation of PTSís obligation to pay for the repairs. The District has not received further correspondence regarding the repair bill.
L.W. Allen found water in the seal chamber, but no water in the motor housing. One of the motor stator windings had shorted out. They put in new bearings, seal kit, oil and rewound the stator.
4. Discuss operational issues. No issues were reported.
5. Status report on connections. The report was as follows: 112 permits have been issued, 104 of the 112 structures have been connected and received final inspection and 8 remain to be finalized. All 8 of the properties are connected and using the system but have yet to complete the necessary interior work for final inspection. The Commission has established an August 15th deadline for the completion of the work.
6. Consideration and possible action regarding the lateral connection at Agri-Land Co-op. Correspondence received from Agri-Land indicates that the bathroom may be constructed in October, pending Board of Directors approval. However, at this time, Agri-Land does not have plumbing facilities at either the fertilizer plant or the feedmill.
7. Discuss amendment to the ordinance to establish penalties for failure to complete connections. The ordinance does not contain a penalty for failure to obtain final inspection. The Commission will consider a penalty at the next meeting.
8. Status of the draft Operation & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1. The Districtís draft agreement was submitted to Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 in August 2005. Earlier this year, TSD#1 submitted a counter-offer to Attorney John St. Peter. The Commission intends to have a joint agreement with all of the districts. Franzís written comments regarding the counter-offer have been submitted to TSD#1. TSD#1 is scheduled to meet with their attorney in closed session to review the comments. In the meantime, the Commission recognizes owing TSD#1 money. However, the amount is in dispute. Dennis Lefeber motioned to pay TSD#1 $1,500.00 as a sign of goodwill, seconded by Franz Schmitz. Motion carried (2-0-1 absent).
9. Approval of District bills. Franz Schmitz motioned to approve the bills totaling $4,001.53 (order nos. 66-76), seconded by Franz Schmitz. Motion carried (2-0-1 absent). The cost-share for the Luco Road lift station will not be paid at this time.
10. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 5th, at 10:30 a.m.
11. Commissionersí reports and comments. Some residents have asked Commissioners about serving on the Commission. Dennisí term ends January 2007. Dennis is willing to serve another term. Franz will draft a notice to be submitted in the user charge bill regarding the appointment procedure.
12. Adjournment. The President declared the meeting adjourned at 10:42 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home