Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3
Wednesday, August 23 2006
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 7/20/06 meeting.
Organization of Officers
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues.
1) Review the 2005 audited Financial Reports.
2) Review potential refinancing.
3) Review of the user charge.
4) Consideration and possible approval of an Agreement Terminating a Sanitary Easement for Lot 11, Glacier Ridge.
5) Consideration and possible approval of an Easement for Lot 10, Glacier Ridge.
6) Consideration and possible acceptance of a quote for televising.
7) Approval of bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Commission met on Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006, at 6:30 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting the August monthly meeting. Members present were President Bill Gius, Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present were Bud Sabel, Maintenance Personnel and Kathy Diederich, Schenck Business Solutions.
Call to order. President Gius called the meeting to order at 6:39 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Oath of Office: The Oath of Office was administered to Commissioner Mike Sabel.
Approval of minutes. John Rickert motioned to approve the minutes of the July 20th, 2006 meeting as presented, seconded by Bill Gius. Motion carried (3-0).
Special Business: Organization of Officers: Bill Gius motioned to appoint Bill Gius as President, John Rickert as Treasurer and Mike Sabel as Secretary, seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
The grinder pump at the Adams residence was not functioning properly. Bud replaced the coil.
The grinder pump at the Miller/Evenson property is experiencing problems. The owner had to re-set the pump 12 times in the last three months. Bud believes either the heat sensor or the pump is faulty. President Gius will contact LW Allen regarding the ongoing problems with the system.
The vent pipes at the lift stations are starting to rust. Bud will paint them.
The grinder pump at the Endres residence went out with the lightning storm about one month ago. Bud was called in to re-set the system.
The west end of Silica Road was recently resurfaced. The risers on four of the manholes do not have sealed covers. The District will purchase and install the appropriate riser rings.
The asphalt is breaking by a lateral on Rosenthal Court. The Commission believes the settling has been caused by poor roadbase construction. The roadbase was constructed by the developer’s contractor and therefore is not a District issue.
1. Review the 2005 audited Financial Reports. Kathy Diederich, District Auditor, presented the 2005 financial reports. Ms. Diederich’s analysis of the District’s accounts indicates that the District is operating very lean.
2. Review potential refinancing. There is a potential of refinancing the balloon payment of the Revenue Bond locally. The payment is due April 2007. The District would be required to solicit bids.
3. Review the user charge. Ms. Diederich reviewed the District’s current user charge. She advises that the District will need to increase the user charge to accommodate the District’s share of the treatment plant upgrade. She noted that the current charge barely covers the expenses. Kathy has compiled preliminary revenue and expense projections. The projections will be further refined for review by the Commission. She also advised drafting an insert regarding a future increase for insertion in the quarterly bills.
4. Consideration and possible approval of an Agreement Terminating a Sanitary Easement for Lot 11, Glacier Ridge, and
5. Consideration and possible approval of an Easement for Lot 10, Glacier Ridge. Bill Gius motioned to approve the easement for Lot 10, Glacier Ridge and terminate the easement for Lot 11, Glacier Ridge, seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
6. Review Request for Quotes for televising. The following quotes were received for the televising of a segment of Church Road: Green Bay Pipe & TV, LLC-$640.00 and Pat Mand Boring & Trenching, Inc.-$350.00. After further discussion, the Commission did not accept either bid at this time. Staff will dye test the area of concern next week.
7. Approval of bills. Bill Gius moved to approve the bills (order nos. 88-97) and to
• authorize the transfer of $9,325.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• authorize the transfer of $538.25 from the Inspections Account to the regular checking account,
• authorize the transfer of $22,736.96 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
August 23rd, 2006 St. Peter Sanitary District 2.
• authorize the transfer of $1,227.70 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
The motion was seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Public Comment: None.
The Commission’s next meeting will be September 20th, 2006, at 6:30 p.m.
Adjournment. Bill Gius motioned to adjourn at 8:50 p.m., seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home