Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, September 5 2006
TIME: 10:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 8/1/06 meeting.
3. Presentation of the District’s 2005 audited financial reports.
4. Discuss accounting procedures.
5. Discuss operational issues.
6. Status report on connections.
7. Discuss amendment to the ordinance to establish penalties for failure to complete connections.
8. Discuss notice received from Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 regarding needed repairs.
9. Status of the draft Operation & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1.
10. Approval of District bills.
11. Schedule the next meeting.
12. Commissioner’s reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, at 10:30 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting the September monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present was Kathy Diederich, Schenck Business Solutions.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:38 a.m.
2. Approval of meeting minutes. The Commission reviewed the minutes of the 8/1/06 meeting. Hearing no objections, the President declared the minutes approved a presented.
3. Presentation of the District’s 2005 audited financial reports. The total project cost was $3,535,452.00. The District’s total debt incurred was $1,234,100.00. The 2005 operation expenses exceeded the operation revenue due to the fact that not all of the houses were connected and paying user charges for the entire year. Kathy needs to do additional research before advising whether or not the current user charge will be sufficient for the 2007 anticipated expenses. Additional revenue was received due to the construction of two homes. The Commission will apply the revenue to debt reduction. The Commission will address this issue further at the next meeting. The Commission will also research the status of the remaining grant funds.
4. Discuss operational issues. The odor issue seems to have been resolved. Foth & Van Dyke had suggested installing charcoal filters on specific manholes. Brian Schmitz will be instructed to install a filter on the meter station cover. The installation of additional manhole filters will be addressed as needed.
5. Status report on connections. The report was as follows: 113 permits have been issued, 108 of the 113 structures have been connected and received final inspection and 5 remain to be finalized. Four of the 5 properties are connected and using the system but have yet to complete the necessary interior work for final inspection. One of the properties is for new construction that may not have connected yet. The Commission has established an August 15th deadline for the completion of the work. A report from the inspectors will be presented at the next meeting.
6. Discuss amendment to the ordinance to establish penalties for failure to complete connections. Section 6.05(A) states in summary that Any person who shall violate any of the provisions of this Ordinance or rules or regulations of the District;…or who shall violate any provisions of the Wisconsin Statutes, Wisconsin Administrative Codes…shall upon conviction thereof forfeit not less than $100.00 nor more than $1,000 and the costs of prosecution. Each day shall constitute a violation. No amendment is needed. The Commission will await the inspectors’ reports before taking such action.
7. Discuss notice received from Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 regarding needed repairs. President Schmitz received a letter from Gene Karls, TSD#1 Deputy Clerk, dated August 17th, 2006, in regards to a “Notice of Preventive Maintenance Activity on Shared Sewer”. The letter is intended to inform the District that maintenance work is needed on the sewer main located in the vicinity of the Gladstone Beach lift station. President Schmitz sent a response informing the TSD#1 Commission that the District expects to be kept informed of developments pertinent to this matter and requests specific notice is given of meetings that will address the issue.
8. Status of the draft Operation & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1. The District’s draft agreement was submitted to Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 in August 2005. Earlier this year, TSD#1 submitted a counter-offer to Attorney John St. Peter. The Commission intends to have a joint agreement with all of the districts. Franz’s written comments regarding the counter-offer have been submitted to TSD#1. TSD#1 met with their attorney in closed session to review the comments. Attorney DeVries contacted President Schmitz. He is in the process of researching the issue. He has also been asked to provide a written opinion to TSD#1 regarding the generator issue. The Commission will await a response from Attorney DeVries.
9. Approval of District bills. Dennis Lefeber motioned to approve the bills totaling $1,087.76 (order nos. 77-85), seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
10. Schedule the next meeting. The next meetings are scheduled for October 3rd, November 14th and December 5th, 9:00 a.m..
11. Commissioners’ reports and comments. Some residents have asked Commissioners about serving on the Commission. Dennis’ term ends January 2007. Dennis is willing to serve another term. Franz has drafted a notice to be submitted in the user charge bill regarding the appointment procedure. Dennis Lefeber questions
September 5th, 2006 Johnsburg Sanitary District 2.
researching the applicability of any remaining grant funds toward odor elimination filters. Village Accounting will deposit user charge revenue the week before month end.
12. Adjournment. The President declared the meeting adjourned at 12:12 p.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home