Monday, October 23 2006
TIME: 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Consideration and possible approval of an extension to the contract with Waste Management to provide refuse and recycling services.
3. Consideration and possible action regarding the condition of the asphalt in Fisherman’s Estates.
4. Discuss speed limit changes within various subdivisions.
5. Consideration and possible action regarding the composition of the Comprehensive Planning Committee.
6. Consideration and possible appointments to the Comprehensive Planning Committee.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Town Board of the Town of Taycheedah met for a special business meeting on Monday, October 23rd, 2006, at 5:00 p.m., at the Town Hall. Members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors Tim Simon, Mike Wirtz, John Abler and Jim Bertram and Clerk Brenda Schneider. Also in attendance was Mike Sabel, Road Maintenance Supervisor.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 5:07 p.m..
2. Consideration and possible approval of an extension to the contract with Waste Management to provide refuse and recycling services. Waste Management proposes a 5-year contract extension, a monthly fuel surcharge if the cost of diesel rises above $2.50 per gallon, a reduction of acceptable items for bulky waste and a change to a bi-weekly recycling pick-up with a cart.
Board consensus was to counter-offer a 2-year contract extension, a 4% increase in the rate for the second year in lieu of the fuel surcharge, no changes to the bulky waste program and accept the bi-weekly recycling pick-up with the cart.
3. Consideration and possible action regarding the condition of the asphalt in Fisherman’s Estates. Some settling has occurred over areas where utilities were bored under the asphalted road. A Town representative did not witness the proof-roll. Eric Otte, JE Arthur, will meet with Mike Sabel within the next week to inspect the problem areas. It was suggested Mr. Sabel perform some bore tests to determine the base thickness.
4. Discuss speed limit changes within various subdivisions. At their November monthly Board Meeting, the Board will consider reducing the speed limit to 25 mph on Sunset Drive, Bittersweet Lane and Edgewood Drive.
5. Consideration and possible action regarding the composition of the Comprehensive Planning Committee. The Board consensus was to establish the composition of the Comprehensive Planning Committee as follows:
• Agriculture-large farming operation,
• Agriculture-small farming operation,
• Business Owner,
• Plan Commission Member,
• Sanitary District Commissioner,
• Town Board Member.
6. Consideration and possible appointments to the Comprehensive Planning Committee. The Board discussed possible appointees and volunteers. The Board will consider making appointments at a future meeting.
7. Adjournment. Jerry Guelig motioned to adjourn at 6:29 p.m., seconded by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home