Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3
Wednesday, January 17 2007
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 12/20/06 meeting.
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues.
• Grinder pump issues
• LW Allen warrantee issues
• Manhole issues
1) Review potential refinancing.
2) Discuss treatment plant capacity.
3) Consideration and possible action against Tom Schmitz for failure to connect to the sewer collection system.
1) Consideration and possible action regarding the guardrail located at the Cty. QQ lift station.
2) Consideration and possible approval of contract assignment with Foth & Van Dyke.
3) Discuss an amendment to the Sewer Use Ordinance regarding exempting connection of residences beyond a specific from the right-of-way.
4) Discuss compiling a newsletter/insert.
5) Report regarding the Town’s Comprehensive Planning project.
6) Approval of bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Commission met on Wednesday, January 17th, 2007, at 6:30 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting the January monthly meeting. Members present were President Bill Gius, Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel, Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider and Bud Sabel, Maintenance personnel.
Call to order. President Gius called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. Mike Sabel motioned to approve the amended minutes of the December 20th, 2006 meeting noting the following corrections: transfer $15,618.74 from the Operations/User Charge Account, not $34,978.77; and transfer $843.35 from the Operations/User Charge Account, not $1,888.71. The motion was seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
Bud is currently working with a local consultant on a replacement circuit board. The District received a bill from LW Allen for a phone consultation in response to the Fife grinder pump failure. LW Allen will be contacted regarding the bill.
Bud Sabel values any assistance he receives from the Commission in response to malfunction issues. Bud believes the Commissioners should be compensated for their assistance. Bud will ask the Town Board to approve additional compensation to the Commissioners when they assist him.
Bud replaced the rusting washers on the control panels with stainless steel ones.
The Lakeview Road and Silica Road manholes have been tarred.
1. Review potential refinancing. National Exchange Bank & Trust has submitted a written quote of 4.8% on a 10-year balloon; 4.85% on a 15-year fully amortizing note. Mr. Kramer will be asked for a written response to the term of the offered percentage rate.
2. Discuss treatment plant capacity. The Commission consensus was to pursue purchasing the additional capacity from the Town in conjunction with the refinancing.
3. Consideration and possible action against Tom Schmitz for failure to connect to the sewer collection system. Mark Mand Excavating has met with Tom Schmitz to plan the exterior work. Mr. Schmitz wishes to have the lateral installed under the foundation wall. Tom indicated he will contact Silica Plumbing to do the needed interior alterations.
1. Consideration and possible action regarding the guardrail located at the Cty. QQ lift station. President Gius has met with the neighboring property owners, a representative of the Town Board and the County Highway Commissioner. Approximately 33 ft. of the guardrail can be removed; however, remainder of the guardrail must remain for safety reasons. The Schneiders will be notified in writing of the planned alteration to the guardrail. In the event the Schneiders object to the alteration, the existing guardrail will remain as is.
2. Consideration and possible approval of a contract assignment with Foth & Van Dyke. Bill Gius motioned to accept the Acknowledgement of Assignment and Assumption of Contracts with Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC, with a term to expire June 25, 2007, seconded by Mike Sabel. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss an amendment to the Sewer Use Ordinance regarding exempting connection of residences beyond a specific distance from the right-of-way. The Commission discussed exempting connection for homes built further than 250 ft. from the nearest available connection point. No formal action was taken.
4. Discuss compiling a newsletter/insert. No further progress.
5. Report regarding the Town’s Comprehensive Planning project. The Committee met in December to review and revise a citizens’ survey that will be mailed to all property owners. The Town will host a visioning session on Thursday, Jan. 18th, at 6:00 p.m.
January 18th, 2007 St. Peter Sanitary District 2.
6. Approval of bills. Bill Gius moved to approve the bills (order nos. 1-11) and to
• authorize the transfer of $103,600.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• authorize the transfer of $1,052.87 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• authorize the transfer of $56.85 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
The motion was seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Public Comment: None.
Adjournment. Bill Gius motioned to adjourn at 7:24 p.m., seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home