Wednesday, January 31 2007
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Consideration and possible action regarding a request for ditch improvements along the east side of Sandy Beach Road.
3. Certified Survey Maps.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Town Board of the Town of Taycheedah met for a special business meeting on Wednesday, January 31st, 2007, at 6:00 p.m., at the Town Hall. Members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors Tim Simon, Mike Wirtz, John Abler and Jim Bertram and Clerk Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 6:01 p.m..
2. Consideration and possible action regarding a request for ditch improvements along the east side of Sandy Beach Road. Some of the prospective buyers of the Sandy Beach outlots had submitted a written request that the Town Board address drainage problems along the east side of the road.
It was noted by the Board that the property owners previously commented that they did not want a relocated road with ditches on both sides. Currently, there is no ditch on the west side of the road. As far as constructing a new ditch on the east side of the road, the Town Board could have required the developer construct it as part of the plat approval.
The prospective buyers reported that the existing ditch doesn’t function properly. Water does not flow to the north. It backs-up from the Grebe property to the south. There are also high spot throughout the ditch. The Board noted that the property owners did not report this drainage issue to the Board during the plat review and approval process.
The future business development will include the construction of a berm along the backlots; which will divert some of the water away from the outlots.
Property owners have filled-in swales along their property lines; which carried water to the lake. Currently, there are a few buried culverts. It is unknown if these culverts are capable of carrying water to the lake. Lowland properties flood during the spring thaw and large rain events.
The Board informed the property owners that they don’t intend to relocate the road.
During the plat review process, Ron Cunzenheim, REC Engineering, stated that he could provide the Town with recommended culvert elevations at each outlot property line. The Town will also need to know the elevation at the north ditch. Mr. Korb showed the Board a drainage map compiled by Mr. Cunzenheim. The map illustrates elevations; but not recommended culvert sizes. Mr. Cunzenheim will be asked to provide a copy of the map to the Town.
The Board discussed the possibility of cleaning the ditch in order to eliminate high spots so that the water will flow to the north and then to the lake.
All of the prospective buyers would like to purchase and install their culverts at one time. The buyers have appointed a committee to select a contractor. The committee will also solicit quotes for the culverts.
The Board discussed contracting with the same contractor for the cleaning of the ditch.
Mr. Korb reported that ten of the 22 lots are sold. Seven of the lots are in a wetland area.
Jerry Guelig motioned that the Town will research the possibility of installing a culvert for every lot, compile per lot quotes and supply the information to Larry Nash for a culvert, optional endwalls, stone and installation with the Town paying for the ditch cleaning, seconded by Mike Wirtz. Motion carried (5-0).
3. Certified Survey Maps. A certified survey map was submitted on behalf of Schmitz Trust (Jerome) creating Lot 1-consisting of 1.5 acres, located in the NE ¼ of the NW ¼ of Section 27. Mike Wirtz motioned to approve the certified survey map, seconded by Jim Bertram. Motion carried (5-0).
A certified survey map was submitted on behalf of Schmitz Trust (Orlando) creating Lot 1-consisting of 5.85 acres, located in the NW ¼ of the NE ¼ of Section 22. Jerry Guelig motioned to approve the certified survey map, seconded by Tim Simon. Motion carried (5-0).
4. Adjournment. Jerry Guelig motioned to adjourn at 6:43 p.m., seconded by Mike Wirtz. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home