Comprehensive Planning Committee
Thursday, February 15 2007
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes.
3. Summary of Visioning Meeting
4. Discuss the Community Survey.
5. Presentation of Draft Chapters 1, 2 and 3.
6. Next steps.
7. Other Issues.
8. Public comment.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Town of Taycheedah Comprehensive Planning Committee met on Thursday, February 15, 2007, at 6:40 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. Members present at the start of the meeting were: Ed Braun, Tim Krawczyk, Rebecca Ries, Joanne Thome and Joe Thome. Brenda Schneider joined the meeting in progress. Members Jerry Guelig, Neal Nett and Mike Wirtz were absent. Also in attendance were Jeff, Sanders, OMNNI & Associates and about 7 residents.
1. Call to order. Chairman Ed Braun called the meeting to order and thanked members of the public for attending.
2. Approval of minutes. Joanne Thome moved to approve the minutes of the 1/18/07 Vision Meeting. Joe Thome seconded. Motion carried.
3. Summary of Visioning Meeting. Jeff Sanders, OMNNI & Associates, discussed the results of the Visioning Meeting, stating that the information collected at the Visioning Meeting was used to help draft chapters of the Plan. He asked if there were any questions regarding Visioning Meeting and none were asked. He said that the large wall chart that was prepared at the Visioning Meeting is on the project website.
4. Discuss the Community Survey. The community survey was mailed on January 30, 2007. Approximately 1,800 surveys were mailed and approximately 516 completed surveys have been received to date. The deadline for is March 23. 2007. The cutoff date for surveys will be the date the Committee begins survey tabulation. Jeff suggested that any late arriving surveys may be plugged into the tabulation; but by then, a pattern will be obvious and itís doubtful that the statistics will be impacted. Generally, about 25% of the returns will predict the final statistics. Joanne Thome will compile a tabulation report. The Committee will meet for a workshop meeting to begin tabulation.
5. Presentation of Chapters 1, 2 and 3. Jeff distributed drafts of Chapters 1, 2 and 3 for the committee members to review. (He pointed out that this is in accordance with Element 1 of the Wisconsin Code.) If more information is needed for these Chapters, the Committee should ask for it or draft desired language.
6. Next Steps. The draft Housing Chapter will be distributed at the 4/19/07 meeting. Jeff would like approval, if possible, of Chapters 1, 2 and 3 at the 4/19/07 meeting.
7. Adjournment. Joanne Thome motioned to adjourn. Tim Krawczyk seconded. Motion carried.
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home