Comprehensive Planning Committee
Thursday, March 15 2007
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes.
3. Review Draft Chapters
2) Issues and Opportunities
3) Community Profile
4. Discuss the Community Survey.
5. Public comment.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Town of Taycheedah Comprehensive Planning Committee met on Thursday, March 15, 2007, at 6:35 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. Members present at the meeting were: Ed Braun, Jerry Guelig , Tim Krawczyk, Neal Nett, Rebecca Ries and Mike Wirtz. Members, Joanne Thome, Joe Thome and Brenda Schneider, were absent. Also in attendance were about 15 residents.
1. Call to order. Chairman Ed Braun called the meeting to order and thanked members of the public for attending.
2. Approval of minutes. The minutes from the February 15, 2007 meeting were not available. They will be reviewed and approved at the April 19, 2007 meeting.
3. Review of Draft Chapters. Chairman Braun asked if committee members had had a chance to review the draft chapters and if there were questions or comments. Some of the committee who were not at the February 15, 2007 meeting did not have copies of the draft chapters. Neal Nett questioned the first entry on Table 6, Chapter 3 regarding the commuting patterns into and from Fond du Lac County. Based on the discussion, clarification from the consultant is necessary. Rebecca Ries asked if the reference to the road grid pattern in Chapter 1 was accurate and the other members of the committee agreed that it was accurate. Chairman Braun stated that final tabulation of the survey is necessary to complete these chapters. A resident asked if there would be another opportunity to comment on these chapters before they are approved and Chairman Braun said yes and tabled the discussion until next meeting. All were reminded that the chapters could be reviewed on the website.
4. Discuss the Community Survey. Chairman Braun stated that about 1,800 surveys were mailed and about 700 have been returned. According to our consultant, this is an extremely good response. Tabulation of the surveys is ongoing and a pattern is already forming. There needs to be clarification with our consultant to determine how many or what percentage of the surveys must be reviewed. Chairman Braun stated that all written comments would be reviewed. Tabulation of the surveys will continue until our next meeting.
5. Public Comment. A resident asked about public participation at meetings and was told that meetings occur the third Thursday of each month. The public is invited to attend and encouraged to comment when appropriate. A resident expressed concern about Fond du Lacís plans regarding annexation of portions of Taycheedah and asked if this was being addressed in the plan. Chairman Braun said it was and briefly discussed the intergovernmental agreement that prohibits Fond du Lac from annexing prior to 2019 (unless the Town approves of the annexation.) There was mention of the proposed Wisconsin Charter Towns Bill as an option to control unwanted annexations.
6. Adjournment. Jerry Guelig motioned to adjourn. Mike Wirtz seconded. Motion carried and the meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m.
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home