Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3
Wednesday, March 21 2007
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 1/17/07 and 2/28/07 meetings.
• Mike Immel, Rural Mutual Insurance, will review the District’s insurance coverage.
• Kathy Diederich, Schenck Business Solutions, will meet with the Commission to discuss debt refinancing and take action on said refinancing.
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues.
The Commission will enter into Closed Session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(g), for the purpose of conferring with legal counsel for the governmental body who is rendering oral or written advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the body with respect to litigation in which it is or is likely to become involved.
• At the conclusion of the closed session meeting, the Commission will reconvene into open session to consider and possibly act on a settlement offer with Kruczek Construction, Inc..
1) Consideration and possible action against Tom Schmitz for failure to connect to the sanitary sewer collection system.
2) Review bill insert regarding the rate increase.
1) Review of a financial auditor for TSD#1 invoicing and a quote from the auditor.
2) Review of information regarding TSD#1 service issues.
3) Report regarding the Town’s Comprehensive Planning project.
4) Approval of bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Commission met on Wednesday, March 21st, 2007, at 6:30 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting the March monthly meeting. Members present were President Bill Gius, Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel, Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider and Bud Sabel, Maintenance personnel. Also present were Mike Immel, Rural Mutual Insurance; Kathy Diederich, Schenck Business Solutions; and the District’s legal counsel Attorney Gary Sharpe.
Call to order. President Gius called the meeting to order at 6:40 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes. John Rickert motioned to approve the minutes of the 1/17/07 and 2/28/07 meetings, seconded by Mike Sabel. Motion carried (3-0).
• Mike Immel, Rural Mutual Insurance, reviewed the District’s insurance coverage. The policy currently covers six lift stations, two meter stations and eight grinder pump stations for a total value of $205,640.00. The policy also contains additional vehicle coverage for deductible reimbursement, and coverage for a computer and papers off-premises. Home owners are encouraged to purchase an endorsement for sewer back-up.
• Kathy Diederich, Schenck Business Solutions, reviewed the debt refinancing plan. Bill Gius moved to authorize Kathy Diederich to proceed with the proper paperwork for the $4,700,000 borrowing to refinance the District’s debt, seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
Bud reported that the usage has been consistent at most of the stations. However, Shady Lane recently showed a spike. Bud will continue monitor the flow at all of the lift stations.
Bud informed the Commission that the relay switch is almost complete. LW Allen will be asked to contribute toward the cost.
John Rickert motioned to enter into closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(g), for the purpose of conferring with legal counsel for the governmental body who is rendering oral or written advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the body with respect to litigation in which it is or is likely to become involved at 6:57 p.m., seconded by Mike Sabel. Roll call vote: Sabel, aye; Gius, aye; Rickert aye. Motion carried
Attorney Gary Sharpe briefed the Commission on the results of the mediation with Kruzcek Construction, Inc.
John Rickert motioned to reconvene into open session at 7:25 p.m., seconded by Mike Sabel. Roll call vote: Sabel, aye; Rickert, aye; Gius, aye. Motion carried.
Bill Gius motioned to approve and empower Attorney Sharpe to continue in the best interest of the district in continuing to contest the Kruzcek lawsuit, seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
1. Consideration and possible action against Tom Schmitz for failure to connect to the sanitary sewer collection system. Attorney Gary Sharpe will correspond with Mr. Schmitz regarding his obligation to connect to the sewer system.
2. Review bill insert regarding the rate increase. The Commission reviewed an insert composed by President Gius. The insert will be enclosed with the first quarter user charge invoice.
1. Review of a financial auditor for TSD#1 invoicing and a quote from the auditor. TSD#1 has invoiced the District a portion of their operation and maintenance expenses. The District believes the invoices are inaccurate. Kathy Diederich, Schenck Business Solutions, will write a letter of explanation regarding a recommended methodology an analysis and provide a quote for such service.
March 21st, 2007 St. Peter Sanitary District 2.
2. Review of information regarding TSD#1 service issues. TSD#1 recently discovered that the check-valves and gates in the Winnebago Drive lift station are not functioning. It is unknown when the valves and gates failed. The valves and gates are a maintenance item that needs replacement approximately every 20 years. The Commission has been asked to attend TSD#1’s meeting on April 23rd; at which time a contractor will explain the necessary repairs.
3. Report regarding the Town’s Comprehensive Planning project. A citizen’s survey has been mailed to all Town of Taycheedah property owners. More than 700 have been returned. The Committee is in the process of tabulating the surveys. The Committee is also in the process of reviewing the first couple of chapters of the Plan. The Committee’s next meeting will be on April 18th.
4. Approval of bills. Bill Gius moved to approve the bills (order nos. 19-22) totaling $707.82 and to
• authorize the transfer of $11,241.99 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• authorize the transfer of $607.02 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
The motion was seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Public Comment: Commissioner John Rickert presented information pertaining to the cost of the proper gas meter. The cost would be approximately $3,200.00. Maintenance of the meter is also costly.
Adjournment. Bill Gius motioned to adjourn at 8:42 p.m., seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home