Comprehensive Planning Committee
Thursday, April 19 2007
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes.
3. Review and approve Draft Chapters
2) Issues and Opportunities
3) Community Profile
4. Discuss the Community Survey.
5. Present Draft Housing Chapter.
6. Public comment.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Town of Taycheedah Comprehensive Planning Committee met on Thursday, April 19, 2007, at 6:30 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. Members present at the meeting were: Ed Braun, Tim Krawczyk, Neal Nett, Rebecca Ries, Brenda Schneider, Joanne Thome, Joe Thome and Mike Wirtz. Also present was Jeff Sanders, OMNNI Associates. Member Jerry Guelig was absent. Also in attendance were about 10 residents.
1. Call to order. Chairman Ed Braun called the meeting to order at 6:32 p.m.
2. Approval of minutes. Brenda Schneider motioned to approve the minutes of the February 15th meeting, seconded by Mike Wirtz. Motion carried (6-0-3 absent). Joanne Thome motioned to approve the minutes of the March 8th meeting, seconded by Rebecca Ries. Motion carried (6-0-3 absent). Joe Thome arrived at this time. Mike Wirtz motioned to approve the minutes of the March 15th meeting, seconded by Tim Krawczyk. Motion carried (7-0-2 absent). Neal Nett arrived at this time.
3. Review and approve Draft Chapters.
I. Introduction. The “Where is the Town of Taycheedah?” section was revised by increasing the estimated population to 3900 and the reference to the impact of wetlands on the grid pattern of roads was changed to the southwest portion. Neal Nett motioned to accept Chapter 1.0 as revised, seconded by Rebecca Ries. Motion carried (6-0-1 absent).
II. Issues and Opportunities. Mike Wirtz motioned to accept Chapter 2.0 as presented, seconded by Joe Thome. Motion carried (6-0-1 absent).
III. Community Profile. Considerable discussion ensued regarding clarification of Table 6 in the “Major Employers” section. Committee consensus was to remove the line referring to Fond du Lac County from the Table and insert a sentence in the preceding paragraph regarding the commuting patterns of Fond du Lac County. Joanne Thome motioned to accept Chapter 3.0 as revised, seconded by Tim Krawczyk. Motion carried (6-0-1 absent).
4. Discuss the Community Survey. Tabulation of the surveys is ongoing. Approximately 700 have been received. An estimated 60 remain to be tabulated.
5. Present Housing Chapter. Jeff Sanders presented the Housing Chapter to the Committee.
Other Issues. Jeff Sanders inquired about the Committee’s preference of including group photographs of the Comprehensive Planning Committee, the Plan Commission and the Town Board in the Comprehensive Plan. Brenda Schneider will contact Quick & Smart Photography.
6. Public Comment. A resident voiced a concern regarding mobile homes and manufactured homes.
7. Adjournment. Mike Wirtz motioned to adjourn at 7:56 p.m., seconded by Rebecca Ries. Motion carried (6-0-1 absent).
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home