Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, April 17 2007
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 3/6/07 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Review the Sewer Use Ordinance as it pertains to sewer extension.
5. Status of a possible sewer extension on Meyer Court.
6. Status of the draft Agreement with Calumet Fire Dept. for the purchase of confined space safety equipment.
7. Consideration and possible allocation of remaining grants funds.
8. Approval of District bills.
9. Schedule the next meeting.
10. Commissioners’ reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, April 17th, 2007, at 9:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their April monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 9:05 a.m.
2. Approval of meeting minutes. The Commission reviewed the minutes of the 3/6/07 meeting. Hearing no objections, the President declared the minutes approved as presented.
3. Discuss operational issues. The lift station pump failed. Dennis Lefeber made several contacts. Ultimately, he was told that the District’s employee should troubleshoot the problem. PTS is not willing to purchase a new pump; which ran dry for an extension period of time during its initial installation.
Brian Schmitz determined that the troublesome pump is pumping at 10 pounds less pressure than the other pump. Brian will be taking a reading in two days. Dennis suggested that the two pump locations be swapped in order to determine if there is a discharge issue.
The Commission consensus was to further address odor issues by installing additional manhole cover vents with charcoal filters.
4. Review the Sewer Use Ordinance as it pertains to sewer extensions. Section 6.20(c)(i), Future sewer main extensions, states that all lots shall pay the special assessment/standby assessment. At issue is determining that assessment amount. Kathy Diederich, Schenck Business Solutions, will be asked for an opinion.
5. Status of a possible sewer extension on Meyer Court. Jason Meyer has petitioned the Town Board for a rezone to residential. The Town Board will consider his petition in May.
The Commission needs to clarify Mr. Meyer’s expectation regarding assessments.
The Commission also needs to contact East Central Wisconsin Regional Planning regarding the swapping of acreage in the sewer service area.
6. Status of the draft Agreement with Calumet Fire Dept. for the purchase of confined space safety equipment. No other sanitary districts were interested in participating in the Agreement. The Fire Dept. intends to pursue purchasing the equipment regardless of a contribution from the District. The Dept. intends to charge the other District in the event the equipment is needed. If Johnsburg Sanitary District were to contribute; their charge would be different than the other districts. In order to alleviate any confusion, the Commission consensus was to not contribute toward the purchase of the equipment.
7. Consideration and possible allocation of remaining grant funds. The remaining grant funds are $2,833.72. The Commission consensus was to investigate the cost of purchasing capacity in the Taycheedah No. 1 sewer and the Fond du Lac #2 sewer. Ron Cunzenheim will be asked for a quote.
8. Approval of District bills. Ken Schneider motioned to approve the bills totaling $1,607.32 (order nos. 24-30), and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $1,500.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account for operational expenses,
• Transfer $201.70 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account,
• Transfer $13.76 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
The motion was seconded by Dennis Lefeber. Motion carried (3-0).
9. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting is scheduled for May 1st, at 9:00 a.m..
10. Commissioners’ reports and comments. Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 has invited all upstream districts to their April 23rd meeting for the purpose of discussing the replacement of the check valve and gate valves in the Winnebago Drive lift station.
The District’s costs to address pump issues may be submitted to PTS. It was recommended that the District ask PTS to cost-share in a new pump.
11. Adjournment. The President declared the meeting adjourned at 10:15 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home