Monday, June 11 2007
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Plan Commission of the Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, will conduct a public hearing on Monday, June 11th, 2007, at 6:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall for the purpose of making a recommendation to the Town Board of the Preliminary Plat of the Sandy Beach Business Park Addition 1 petitioned by RAM Investments, LLC. The proposed development abuts Winnebago Drive and Hwy. 151 and is located in the Section 31, Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin.
A quorum of the Town Board may be in attendance.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that the Town Board of the Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, will meet on Monday, June 11th, 2007, at 7:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall for the purpose of considering the recommendation of the Plan Commission and to act on the above petition.
Dated this 27th day of May, 2007.
Brenda A. Schneider, Town Clerk
The Plan Commission of the Town of Taycheedah conducted a public hearing on Monday, June 11th, 2007, at 6:00 p.m., at the Town Hall for the purpose of making a recommendation to the Town Board regarding the Preliminary Plat of the Sandy Beach Business Park Addition 1. Members present were Chairman John Wagner, Mike Wirtz, Bud Sabel, Joan Simon, Leon Schneider, Joe Thome and Secretary Brenda Schneider. Member Bill Spieker was absent.
Chairman Wagner called the public hearing to order at 6:00 p.m..
Ron Cunzenheim, representing RAM Investments, LLC, appeared before the Plan Commission. Mr. Cunzenheim’s presentation and responses to comments and questions presented by the Plan Commission and the audience were as follows:
• The Preliminary Plat includes 15-2 acre lots plus 2 outlots.
• The Fond du Lac County Subdivision Ordinance required the development by plat.
• It is a ‘neighborhood’ commercial development.
• It is unknown what size of lots buyers will need. Ron acknowledge the probability that the lot sizes will change as buyers purchase lots.
• The County required dedicated easements for vision clearance at the intersections.
• The State approved two access points along Winnebago Drive.
• Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 has purchased the sewer capacity needed for the development.
• The Notice of Intent has been submitted to the DNR. He expects approval soon.
• The berm and swale along the west edge of the development will divert water to the detention basin. The existing brush along the swale along the north edge of the development is not on the RAM property. The pond on Outlot 23 is planned to handle a 100 year storm event. The pond will be 9.5’ deep. It is not anticipated that the pond will turn green due to the constant expected flow of water. The pond must be three times as long as it is wide. The pond will include a safety shelf.
• There are wetlands located in the north area of the development.
• The sewer will be constructed beyond the shoulders of the road; mainly on the south side of Lakepark Drive. The sewer will be gravity-flow. The sewer will be shallow. Further extension of the gravity-flow sewer is unlikely.
• The development will not have curb & gutter.
Plan Commission discussion:
• Shoreland Zoning will affect several lots on the west side. It is highly possible that those lots will be required to maintain 75% green space.
• The street names may cause confusion. Lakepark Drive and Court need to be swapped.
• A temporary cul de sac will need to be constructed at the end of Lakepark Court.
• Access restriction to Taycheedah Way could be considered.
Bud Sabel motioned to recommend the Town Board approve the Preliminary Plat of Sandy Beach Business Park Addition 1 under the following conditions:
• Swap the name of Lakepark Drive and Court,
• Access restriction on the south 150 feet of Taycheedah Way, and
• Install a temporary cul de sac at the end of Lakepark Court.
The motion was seconded by Leon Schneider. Motion carried (6-0-1 absent).
Mike Wirtz motioned to adjourn at 6:35 p.m., seconded by Bud Sabel. Motion carried (6-0-1 absent).
Brenda A. Schneider
Plan Commission Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home