Board of Appeals
Thursday, June 28 2007
TIME: 8:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, will conduct a public hearing at the Taycheedah Town Hall, W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway, on Thursday, June 28th, 2007, at 8:00 p.m., for the purpose of considering a variance request submitted by Marty & Dena Entringer. The Entringer’s request an exception to Section 13-1-80(a)(1), Existing Nonconforming Uses, of the Town of Taycheedah Code of Ordinances and Section 13-1-42(d)(6)(a), Side Yard Setbacks. The Entringer’s propose to construct a garage addition to their home. The existing structure lacks sufficient front setback to comply with the ordinance. The addition is proposed to have a reduced side yard setback. The property is located at W3631 Cty. WH.
All effected and interested parties are encouraged to attend and be heard. The Town Board members may be in attendance.
Brenda A. Schneider
Secretary of Appeals Board
The Town of Taycheedah Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on Thursday, June 28th, 2007, on behalf of Marty & Dena Entringer. Mr. & Mrs. Entringer requests a variance to Sect. 13-1-80(a)(1), Existing Non-conforming Uses; and Section 13-1-42(d)(6)(a), Side Yard Setbacks, of the Town of Taycheedah’s Code of Ordinances to allow for the enlargement of a nonconforming structure with a reduced front setback and side yard setback. Members present were Chairman James Rosenthal, John Buechel, Tom Friess, Gale Burg and Barb Bertram. The Secretary, Brenda Schneider, taped recorded the hearing and took notes. The Chairman called the hearing to order. The Secretary read the notice.
Marty Entringer was sworn in. His testimony was as follows:
• The property had a detached garage with a 5 foot side yard setback. The detached garage has been removed. The frost walls were crumbling.
• The detached garage was 24’ x 26’ with short sidewalls.
• He proposes to build an attached garage.
• The front setback of the existing home is 60 feet. The addition would not further impede the front setback.
• The garage addition is planned to include an 8’ x 8’ laundry room.
• The addition will have poured walls.
• The front of the addition is proposed to be 26’ wide. He plans to install an 18’ garage door and a service door.
• The grade will slope approximately 1:5 between the proposed garage and the side lot line.
• The home was built approximately 90 years ago.
• The garage is approximately 1,240 sq. ft.
• He plans to build 1 ft. overhangs on the garage.
• The west side yard is 28’. The only obstruction is a large tree near the location of the proposed deck. The sewer lateral is also located in the west side setback. He does not plan to plant trees or create any other obstruction in the west side yard.
• The cement slab from the detached garage is still on site.
• Their well is located 2-3 ft. away from the house on the east side.
• The rear yard has power poles located within a utility easement.
• The proposed addition would be approximately 10 feet from the neighbor’s home. The neighbor’s home is situated ahead of the location of the proposed garage.
• He plans to store his pick-up, Dena’s SUV and his mini-crawler in the garage.
The Board of Appeals comments were as follows:
• Discussed reducing the width to 22 feet; which would allow for a 9 foot side yard setback.
• The typical garage width is 24 feet for a two-car garage.
• An attached garage would provide a higher level of safety when accessing the house.
• The attached garage will improve the appearance of the structure.
• A 24 ft. wide garage would allow for a 7 foot side setback; enough room for emergency vehicles.
Barb Bertram motioned to approve the variance requested for a 26 feet wide garage addition based upon the former detached garage having a 5 foot side yard setback, under the condition that the Town would not be held liable in the event of any future conflicts that may be caused by any change in the location of the road right-of-way of Cty. WH. The motion was seconded by Tom Friess. (At this time, the Secretary’s tape recorder malfunctioned. The remainder of the hearing is not recorded on tape.)
Roll Call vote:
Gale Burg nay John Buechel nay
Barb Bertram aye Tom Friess aye
Jim Rosenthal nay Motion failed (2-3).
June 28th, 2007 Board of Appeals 2.
Marty & Dena Entringer-reduced setbacks/enlarge a nonconforming structure variance
Gale Burg motioned to approve a variance for an addition with the south wall not to exceed 24 feet in width, seconded by John Buechel.
Roll call vote:
Barb Bertram aye
Tom Friess aye
Gale Burg aye
John Buechel aye
Jim Rosenthal aye Motion carried (5-0).
Mr. Entringer was informed that construction must begin within six months.
John Buechel motioned to adjourn at 8:45 p.m., seconded by Gale Burg. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home