Comprehensive Planning Committee
Thursday, August 16 2007
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes.
3. Review of Draft Chapter:
4. Presentation of Draft Chapters:
6.0 Utilities & Community Facilities
7.0 Agricultural, Cultural & Natural Resources
5. Discuss the Community Survey.
6. Report from the Consultant.
7. Public Comment.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Town of Taycheedah Comprehensive Planning Committee met on Thursday, August 16, 2007, at 6:34 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. Members present at the meeting were: Ed Braun, Jerry Guelig, Tim Krawczk, Neal Nett, Rebecca Ries, Joanne Thome, Joe Thome, and Mike Wirtz. Brenda Schneider was absent. Also in attendance were Jeff Sanders, OMNNI & Associates and three residents.
1. Call to order. Chairman Ed Braun called the meeting to order and thanked members of the public for attending. He asked Jeff Sanders if any additional information had been added to the website. Jeff said that he had not received changes/corrections from the last meeting. No changes had been made to the website on the housing chapter and none of the transportation section is on the website.
2. Approval of minutes. Rebecca Ries asked for clarification about several items on the 7/19/07 minutes. Under item 2, it was agreed that the section on Green Building would be eliminated. Under Pg 5-2, the word “intentor” should be changed to inventory. Also on Pg 5-2, change the word “Moreover” to “In addition, there are”. Under Pg 5-5, add Manitowoc to the list of ports. Also on Pg 5-5, delete the photo of the Fond du Fac airport as it is not the Fond du Lac airport. Joanne Thome moved to approve the 7/19/07 minutes as adjusted. Mike Wirtz seconded. Motion carried.
3. Review of Draft Chapter 5.0. Ed Braun stated that we don’t need to review Chapter 5.0 since Jeff was not aware of the issues with the chapter, specifically that many of the references were specific to the Town of Empire and not Taycheedah. Also, as agreed to previously, approval of chapters is not appropriate during the review process as changes, especially as one chapter relates to another chapter, will occur throughout the review procedure.
4. Presentation of Chapters 6 & 7. Jeff distributed drafts of Chapters 6 & 7. He explained the OMNNI personnel problems and apologized for the mistakes in Draft Chapters 5 &6.
5. Chapter 6 Discussion. Jeff indicated the overhead lines on the utility map were not complete. He asked if the locations of day cares and cemeteries were correct. Mike said the location of the Town Hall was incorrect. He talked about the benefits of wind power (economic, tax, farm income) and suggested a wind ordinance be adopted. He said that a State Act requires communities to have a Parks and Recreation Plan and, due to the requirement, there will be more competition for relevant grant money. He asked the committee to consider how issues associated with the aging population be addressed (i.e. in the plan or leave to the private marketplace). He stated that the public library doesn’t service Taycheedah but one of the board members indicated that the bookmobile makes routine stops in Taycheedah. He asked if residents feel emergency response time is adequate as it’s far slower than the state average. Mike Wirtz, as a First Responder in the area, said he feels the response time is good. ISO rating for fire
Comprehensive Planning Committee
August 16, 2007
response is being pursued for Taycheedah. Jeff suggested Taycheedah adopt a wind ordinance, as he’s unsure of the County’s rules on wind farms. Mike asked if we should have a wind ordinance sooner than the Comprehensive Plan is completed. Neal Nett said we should start working on a wind ordinance now and not wait for the Plan. Jerry Guelig indicated that Taycheedah’s exiting tower ordinance would apply somewhat and Jeff said the wind tower issues are bigger (i.e. size, moving parts, etc.). There will be more information coming about parks. Jeff suggested adding information about applicable grants if we want to increase the discussion about public safety.
6. Chapter 7 Discussion. Jeff indicated that this chapter is one of the most time consuming and that an additional review meeting may be required before we have Jeff back. We plan to maintain the 10/18/07 date for OMNNI’s next presentation. Jeff indicated the sources of the soil map (State Soil Survey). He reminded the committee that groundwater and surface water are closely connected. He indicated that FEMA is developing a new floodplain map for our area and it is expected to be completed before our Comprehensive Plan is finalized. He indicated that if Taycheedah develops/adopts a Historic/Cultural Resource Ordinance, it could qualify us as a Certified Local Government (CLG) and make us eligible for certain grants.
7. Other Consultant Comments. Jeff reminded the committee that we should let him know if there are specific goals that we want included in the Plan. The next chapter (Chapter 8) will cover economic development. Jeff will present the draft of Chapter 8 on 10/18/07. The next big community meeting, the Mid-Course Mapping Meeting, will be on 11/15/07. There will be two exercises at the meeting. The public will be given two maps. On one, the Composite Attitude Map, residents will display their mental impression of the community as it is/was. On the second, the Majority Opinion Map, residents will display their ideas for the future. Jeff requested Brenda Schnieder send mailing labels for that meeting. He will bring a draft of the postcard to be sent to residents at the 10/18/07 meeting.
8. Community Survey. Joanne Thome said the final summary of the surveys will be sent to Brenda by the end of August. Jeff agreed that the survey is the best assessment of community opinion.
9. Public Comments. One member of the audience indicated concern that goals and objectives are being formulated without benefit of the public survey results. Jeff assured him that goals and objectives will be adjusted according to survey results.
10. Adjournment. Joe Thome motioned to adjourn. Joanne Thome seconded. Motion carried.
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home