Monday, September 10 2007
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of meeting minutes.
Road Supervisor’s Report.
Blue Sky Green Field Turbine Project, WE Energies.
1. Consideration and possible action against Perl’s Country Inn for interior remodeling without a permit.
2. Discuss the speed limit on Lakeview Road.
3. Consideration and possible adoption of a Capital Purchasing Policy.
4. Discuss the Code of Ordinances, Section 13-1-140, Accessory Structures.
5. Nuisance issues:
• N8114 Glen St-Status report.
• N8616 Lakeview Road-Status report.
• N7594 Sandy Beach Road-Status report.
• W4820 Main St.-Status report.
• N7379 Calumet St.-Status report.
• W4770 Fulton St.-Status report.
• W4750 Fulton St.-Status report.
• W4680 Golf Course Drive-animals-Status report.
• W3834 Cty. WH-animals-Status report.
1. Discuss employees serving as First Responders.
2. Discuss the development of an Agreement to Provide Humane Officer services to the Town of Auburn.
3. Discuss current speed limits.
4. Discuss the ownership of Wellings Beach Road and the public access lake lot.
5. Certified Survey Maps.
6. Approval of town bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to town business.
The Board will consider entering into Closed Session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(g), Conferring with legal counsel for ht e governmental body who is rendering oral or written advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the body with respect to litigation in which it is or is likely to become involved. Subject: Completion of the construction of Blackberry Drive.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Town Board of the Town of Taycheedah met on Monday, September 10th, 2007, at 7:00 p.m., at the Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting the September monthly meeting. Members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors Tim Simon, Mike Wirtz, Jim Bertram and John Abler, Clerk Brenda Schneider and Treasurer Kathy Diederich.
Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Jim Bertram motioned to approve the minutes of the 8/13/07 meeting, seconded by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0).
Park & Rec. Committee intends to complete several projects before the end of the year. The projects include: an informational kiosk, entrance sign, trail markings, erosion control and perimeter fencing.
Road Maintenance Supervisor Report:
• Continued ditching and shouldering projects.
• Started mowing ditches.
• Repaired equipment.
• Mowed lawns.
Blue Sky Green Field Wind Turbine Project presented by Andy Hesselbach, WE Energies.
#1 Consideration and possible action against Perl’s Country Inn for interior remodeling without a permit. Chairman Guelig met with Don Moore, the Town’s Plumbing Inspector. Mr. Moore recommends the owner apply to the Town for a permit; which would include inspections. At that point, Mr. Moore would handle the plumbing inspections. The Clerk was directed to submit a letter to the owner informing him of the need to apply for a permit.
Chairman Guelig also met with Bryan Perl, the owner of Perl’s Country Inn. Mr. Perl was informed of the need to obtain State approved building plans. Chairman Guelig requested he submit an approved copy to the Town.
John Abler motioned to proceed with the recommendation made by Don Moore to notify the owner of the need to apply for any and all permits and required inspections for the remodeling work done to Perl’s Country Inn, seconded by Mike Wirtz. Motion carried (5-0).
#2 Discuss the speed limit on Lakeview Road. The recommendation from Fond du Lac County has not yet been received. Discussion was postponed to the next meeting.
#3 Consideration and possible adoption of a Capital Purchasing Policy. The final draft is not yet available. Consideration was postponed to the next meeting.
#4 Discuss the Code of Ordinances, Section 13-1-140, Accessory Structures. Supervisor Wirtz reported that he contacted four municipalities regarding their interpretation of the impact of eaves deeper than 2 feet on the square footage of detached garages. All four municipalities have a similar, if not identical, stipulation in their ordinance. All four include the area under eaves deeper than two feet in the square footage calculation.
Dennis Hensen, N8178 Sunset Drive, plans to build a detached garage at the maximum square footage for his lot. The building is planned to have 3 to 3.5 eaves and a full second floor. The Permit Issuer has denied a permit for the structure. Mr. Hensen has been advised that his recourse would be to apply to the Board of Appeals for a variance.
Mr. Hensen has studied the ordinance and finds no reference to the need to adjust the square footage due to having eaves deeper than two feet.
After considerable discussion, the Board consensus was to obtain a legal opinion from Attorney John St. Peter.
#5 Nuisance issues (as reported by Constable Bill Gius):
• N8114 Glen St.-Status report. The Consent Agreement has been signed by all parties. The clean-up schedule is weather dependent.
• N8616 Lakeview Road-Status report. The nuisance has been abated.
• N7594 Sandy Beach Road-Status report. The owner has been advised that citations will be issued if the nuisance isn’t abated by 9/15/07.
• W4820 Main Street-Status report. Complaint was received and investigated. The owner was advised to abate the nuisance by 9/15/07.
September 10th, 2007 Town Board 2.
• N7379 Calumet Street-Status report. Complaint was received and attempted to investigate. After numerous attempts; he was unable to make contact with the property owner. He recommends a notification letter to remove the weeds.
• W4770 Fulton Street-Status report. Complaint was received and investigated. No violations were visible.
• W4750 Fulton Street-Status report. Complaint was received and investigated. No violations were visible.
• W4680 Golf Course Drive-animals-Status report. Another complaint was received regarding a feral cat population. The property owner was advised to resolve the issues by 9/22/07. After that time, citations will be issued for numerous violations.
• W3834 Cty. WH-animals-Status report. Complaints were received regarding dogs allowed to run-at-large. One dog survived being struck by a vehicle. No additional complaints have been received since the car vs. dog incident.
#1 Discuss employees serving as First Responders. Mike Sabel, Road Maintenance Supervisor, is interested in training to be a First Responder. The Board discussed the potential of him responding to an emergency while in a Town vehicle, during working hours. The Town’s insurance company will be contacted regarding the issue. The Board consensus was to gather information and develop guidelines.
#2 Discuss the development of an Agreement to Provide Humane Officer services to the Town of Auburn. The Town of Auburn has requested Humane Officer services from Constable Bill Gius. Mr. Gius is one of few Humane Officers in Fond du Lac County. The County Sheriff’s Dept. also has a Humane Officer. The Board consensus was to not pursue such an agreement.
#3 Discuss current speed limits. Wisconsin Dept. of Transportation advises that the speed limit in towns is assumed 55 mph, unless posted otherwise. The Town Board has the authority to reduce the 55 mph speed limit by 10 mph due to conditions of specific roadways. The Town Board also has the authority to establish 35 mph speed limits in specific areas where the average driveway separation is 150 feet or less. Establishing a 25 mph speed limit requires a complex study and DOT approval; which could take up to a year. DOT also advises that they approve a small minority of the requests. Consideration of adjusting some of the speed limits is scheduled for the next meeting.
#4 Discuss the ownership of Welling Beach Road and the public lake access. The June 7, 1965 deed of the Welling Beach Road dedication, recorded in the Fond du Lac County Register of Deeds Office, does not include the entire road. The dedication is approximately 300 feet short of the west end. The portion of the public road and the 33 feet of public lake access are included in a 22 acre parcel of land owned by Ed Tennies. The parcel of land is currently for sale.
Another issue pertains to the maintenance of the public lake access lot. The elderly neighbor, with assistance from another neighbor, has mowed the lawn and cleaned the drainage swale for many years. Mr. Tennies has verbally denied, to the neighbor, any obligation to maintain the lot and the drainage swale. Mike Sabel will inspect the drainage swale to determine if there is a need for cleaning at this time.
Jerry Guelig motioned to pursue ownership of the entire public road and the public access lake lot by Quit Claim Deed, seconded by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0).
#5 Certified Survey Maps. A Certified Survey Map was submitted on behalf of Harold Lefeber, creating Lot #1-consisting of 5.71 acres, located along Cody Road in the NE ¼ and the SE ¼ of the SE ¼ of Section 4. Jerry Guelig motioned to approve the CSM, seconded by Jim Bertram. Motion carried (5-0).
#6 Approval of Town bills. Jerry Guelig motioned to approve the bills as submitted (order nos. 530-580), with the exception of #556, OMMNI Associates, to be held as a retainer until the Comprehensive Plan is completed, seconded by Tim Simon. Motion carried (5-0).
Treasurer Kathy Diederich reviewed the draft financial statements with the Board. It was the consensus of the Board to discontinue contracting with GM Hietpas, CPA, for the compilation of monthly financial services.
Mrs. Diederich questioned delinquent personal property tax collections.
September 10th, 2007 Town Board 3.
Public comments and questions pertaining to town business:
None was presented.
The Board will consider entering into Closed Session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)9G0, Conferring with legal counsel for the governmental body who is rendering oral or written advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the body with respect to litigation in which it is or is likely to become involved. Subject: Completion of the construction of Blackberry Drive. Jerry Guelig motioned to enter into Closed Session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(g), seconded by John Abler. Motion carried unanimously by roll call vote. Mike Wirtz motioned to recess at 9:37 p.m., seconded by Jim Bertram. Motion carried (5-0). The recess concluded at approximately 10:00 p.m.
The Board discussed the construction of Blackberry Drive.
Jerry Guelig motioned to adjourn the closed session at 10:16 p.m., seconded by Jim Bertram. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home