Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1
Thursday, September 13 2007
TIME: 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
Call to Order
Approval of previous meeting minutes
1. RAM Investment
2. Emergency Power Generators for 3 lift stations.
3. Review and possible action on JSD O&M proposal dated 7/12/2006.
4. Calumet / City of Fond du Lac Sewer Chargers-True-up status update
5. Discussion and possible action on Calumet O&M agreement.
6. System Maintenance
a) Jetting at Minawa Beach
b) Deteriorated Manholes
c) Gladstone & Brookhaven Lift Station maintenance
7. Purchase additional capacity
a) Recovery of over-payment
8. TFDL#2 lift station-compensation
9. Payment of 2004 to 2006 sewer charge adjustment to FDL.
10. Winnebago Drive / DOT Information follow-up.
11. Review Hourly Wage Rates.
1. Miscellaneous District Business
Public comment and questions pertaining to TSD#1 business
1. Approve and endorse checks for payment of bills.
2. Meeting adjournment
The Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Commission met on Thursday, September 13th, 2007, at 4:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting the September monthly meeting. Members present were President Bill Gius, Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
Call to order. President Gius called the meeting to order at 4:02 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Commission dispensed with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of minutes. John Rickert motioned to approve the minutes of the 8/23/07 meeting, seconded by Bill Gius. Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
Several manholes have become elevated. Infra-red asphalt treatment will be done around each of the 13 manholes to raise the level of the asphalt. The Town has the work scheduled.
1. Consideration and possible action against Tom Schmitz for failure to connect to the sanitary sewer collection system. Mr. Schmitz is being charged a quarterly forfeiture. Mr. Schmitz will again be contacted regarding his obligation to connect his home to the sewer. The Commission consensus was to contract with Mark Mand Excavating to connect the sewer lateral to the existing outflow pipe within the next 30 days.
2. Discuss Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 operation & maintenance matters and other disputed issues. Franz Schmitz, President of Johnsburg Sanitary District, recently received an invitation from Attorney Marty DeVries to attend a meeting regarding Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1’s generator project. President Gius had numerous contacts with several affected parties and their attorneys. The meeting has been subsequently cancelled.
1. Consideration and possible approval to compensate Kathy Diederich, Schenck Business Solutions, for assistance in negotiations with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1. Bill Gius moved to agree to pay 25% of Ms. Diederich’s time to resolve the billing issues with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1, seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
2. Approval of bills. Bill Gius moved to approve the bills (order nos. 78-80) totaling $591.18 and to
• Authorize the transfer of $600.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Authorize the transfer of $7,177.55 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Authorize the transfer of $387.56 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
The motion was seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Report regarding the Town’s Comprehensive Planning project. No report was given.
Public Comment: No public comment was presented.
Adjournment. John Rickert motioned to adjourn at 4:37 p.m., seconded by Mike Sabel. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home