Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, October 2 2007
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 9/4/07 and 9/6/07 meetings.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Discuss Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 operation & maintenance report.
5. Approval of District bills.
6. Schedule the next meeting.
7. Commissioners’ reports and comments.
8. Closed Session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(i). The Commission may convene into Closed Session for consideration of any and all matters related to acts by businesses under S. 560.15 which, if discussed in public could adversely affect the business, its employees or former employees. Subject: Contracted services.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, October 2nd, 2007, at 9:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their October monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m.
2. Approval of meeting minutes. The Commission reviewed the minutes of the 9/4/07 and 9/6/07 meetings. Hearing no objections, the President declared the minutes approved as presented.
3. Discuss operational issues and the status of pump operation. Last month, the Commissioners and maintenance staff manipulated the system in an attempt determine the origin of and possibly a solution to the odor problem. The group did not notice any odor at any of the key locations along Johnsburg Road.
It is believed that Brian Schmitz recently replaced the de-odorizing crystals. It was noted that the Stempers noticed only a faint scent of sewerage on 9/9 and 9/25.
At the next meeting, the Commission will meet with Brian to review the system’s maintenance guidelines.
The lift station saddle replacement is expected to occur in October. Dennis Lefeber will contact PTS regarding the replacement.
4. Discuss Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 operation and maintenance report. The TSD#1 operation & maintenance bills are being analyzed and re-calculated. Wages for their Inspector and Maintenance Personnel will be based upon 30% and 85% respectively, for wages paid prior to 7/1/07. Inspection and maintenance wages will be cost-shared based on the applicable time beginning 7/1/07. The applicable portion of inspection and maintenance wages, repair and maintenance expenses, telephone, electricity and insurance are being re-calculated. The total expenses, with the exception of insurance, will be cost-shared based upon the percentage of flow at the Roosevelt Park lift station (south end). Insurance will be cost-shared based upon percentage of capacity owned. The consensus of the Commission was to support the cost-share as stated above and to oppose any use of pump run time calculations.
5. Approval of District bills. Dennis Lefeber motioned to approve the bills totaling $682.29 (order nos. 61-67), and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $625.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account for operational expenses,
• Transfer $331.01 from the User Charge Account to the RD-Debt Service Account,
• Transfer $22.57 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account,
• Redemption of $45,000.00 from the Debt Service Certificate of Deposit to be transferred into the Debt Service Account for upcoming annual debt payments, and
• Payment $11,829.81 of tax revenue as additional principal toward the debt supported by the tax levy,
The motion was seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
Ken Schneider subsequently motioned to redeem $45,000 from the Debt Service Certificate of Deposit and to place the remaining $75,000 in a 12 month certificate of deposit, seconded by Dennis Lefeber. Motion carried (3-0).
Dennis Lefeber subsequently motioned to pay $11,829.81 of property tax revenues as an additional principal payment toward the debt supported by taxes, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
6. Schedule the next meeting. The next meetings are scheduled for November 6th and December 4th, at 9:00 a.m..
7. Commissioners’ reports and comments. Jason Meyer is interested in moving forward with his residential development. The Taycheedah Town Board approved the rezoning of the property several months ago. The Town has yet to receive the Preliminary Plat. The Commission will recommend he contact Brenda Schneider regarding the process.
October 2nd, 2007 Johnsburg Sanitary District 2.
8. Closed Session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(i), Considering any and all matters related to acts by businesses under S. 560.15 which, if discussed in public could adversely affect the business, its employees or former employees. Ken Schneider motioned to enter into closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(i) at 10:43 a.m., seconded by Franz Schmitz. Motion carried unanimously by roll call vote.
9. Adjournment. Dennis Lefeber motioned to adjourn the meeting at the conclusion of the closed session at 10:55 a.m., seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home