Monday, December 10 2007
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of meeting minutes.
Road Supervisor’s Report.
Mike Immel, Rural Mutual Insurance Co., will review the Town’s insurance coverage.
1. Discuss correcting the boundary of Kiekhaefer Park.
2. Accept Dan Deuster’s resignation as Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 Commissioner; and possible appointment to the position.
1. Consideration and possible approval of a Kennel License requested by Jim Feyen.
2. Discuss improvements to Golf Course Drive between Winnebago Drive and the Hwy. 151 Bypass.
3. Consideration and possible action to waive inspection requirements for remodeling projects and additions permitted between 1999 and 2001; and approve the transfer of the bond revenue into the Town’s Fund Balance.
4. Appointment of Election Officials for a two-year term beginning 1-1-08 and expiring 12-31-09.
5. Discuss Zoning Ordinance Sec. 13-1-25(c), regarding the use of corrugated metal on accessory structures.
6. Certified Survey Maps.
7. Schedule a workshop meeting to review the Code of Ordinances.
8. Acknowledge receipt of an $800 donation from the Fisherman’s Road Fishing Club for bathroom maintenance.
9. Approval of town bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to town business.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Town Board of the Town of Taycheedah met on Monday, December 10th, 2007, at 7:00 p.m., at the Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting the December monthly meeting. Members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors Tim Simon, Mike Wirtz, Jim Bertram and John Abler, Clerk Brenda Schneider and Treasurer Kathy Diederich.
Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Jim Bertram motioned to approve the minutes of the 11/5/07, 11/6/07, 11/12/07 and 12/3/07 meetings, seconded by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0).
Road Maintenance Supervisor Report:
• Completed some ditching and shouldering.
• Replaced a culvert.
• Worked in the shop.
• Plowed roads.
Mike Immel, Rural Mutual Insurance Co., reviewed the Town’s insurance coverage.
• The coverage on the buildings is increased 6%, as an inflation guard.
• Vehicles are insured at an agreed value. Mr. Immel will compile a quote for replacement value coverage.
• The generator and rolled need to be added to the policy.
• The Business Owners Policy premium increased 21% due to claims history. The claims history will be reviewed. It is believed that some of the claims are related to Sanitary District No. 3.
• Workman’s Comp. coverage increased from $3.98/$100 to $4.51/$100 due to a change in the State law.
#1 Discuss correcting the boundary of Kiekhaefer Park. Chairman Guelig has contacted the Rob Schmitz family regarding the portion of the Park donated to the Town in the 1970s by Mr Laudolff. The donation was never recorded in the Office of the Fond du Lac County Register of Deeds. Mr. Schmitz intends to contact the Town Clerk regarding the issue.
#2 Accept Dan Deuster’s resignation as Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 Commissioner and possible appointment to the position. Mr. Deuster submitted his resignation to the Town Board on October 29th. His resignation states ‘effective today’. On December 10th, Mr. Deuster submitted a written retraction of his resignation. He further states that he is willing to serve in the position until the April 2008 election. Pursuant to legal advice obtained by the Clerk, the position can not be filled by an election in April 2008 due to the fact that the position is an elected term to expire April 2009.
Mr. Wirtz also obtained legal advice regarding Mr. Deuster’s resignation and retraction. A resignation is automatically accepted once submitted and can not be retracted.
The Board discussed the possibility of appointing Mr. Deuster to the position. Interested persons were directed to submit a letter of interest and qualifications to the Clerk no later than December 5th. Three persons have submitted letters of interest prior to the deadline.
Commissioner Karen Schwengels requested the Town Board interview the candidates. The Commissioners of TSD#1 will develop a statement of duties and responsibilities and assist with drafting interview questions.
The notice soliciting interested individuals will be re-posted and the deadline extended. The Town Board will interview candidates on January 21st, starting at 5:00 p.m.
#1 Consideration and possible approval of a Kennel License requested by Jim Feyen. Jerry Guelig motioned to approve Jim Feyen’s kennel license, seconded by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0).
December 10th, 2007 Town Board 2.
#2 Discuss improvements to Golf Course Drive between Winnebago Drive and the Hwy. 151 Bypass. The water is now running under the snow in the ditches. The Board believes that cleaning the snow from the ditches will not improve the flow from its current state.
The County will evaluate whether or not their section needs work.
#3 Consideration and possible action to waive inspection requirements for remodeling projects and additions permitted between 1999 and 2001; and approve the transfer of the bond revenue into the Town’s Fund Balance. Thirty-five applicants paid the $100.00 bond meant to secure that inspections are met. The inspections have yet to be completed. Mike Wirtz motioned to approve the transfer of the bond revenue into the Town’s Fund Balance; however the Town does not waive the inspection requirements, seconded by Jerry Guelig. Motion carried (5-0).
#4 Appoint of Election Officials for a two-year term beginning 1-1-08 and expiring 12-31-09. Jim Bertram motioned to make the following Election Official appointments:
Patricia Schneider M. Athleen Simon
Barbara Thome Judith Simon
Jean Sabel Virginia Schneider
Betty Costello Betty Swenson
Fern Ramirez Lorraine Thome
Judy Barrett Dena Entringer
Lois Koenings Bill Gius
Earl & Carol Jewett Rebecca Ries
Andy Lorenz Dawn Rieder
The appointments were seconded by Jerry Guelig. Motion carried (5-0).
#5 Discuss Zoning Ordinance Sec. 13-1-25(c), regarding the use of corrugated metal on accessory structures. The Board will discuss the application of this section at an ordinance workshop meeting.
#6 Certified Survey Maps. None were submitted.
#7 Schedule a workshop meeting to review the Code of Ordinances. A workshop meeting was scheduled for January 28th, at 5:00 p.m.
#8 Acknowledge receipt of an $800 donation from the Fisherman’s Road Fishing Club for bathroom maintenance. The Board publicly thanked the Club for their donation.
#9 Approval of Town bills. Tim Simon motioned to approve the bills as submitted (order nos. 691-759), seconded by Mike Wirtz. Motion carried (5-0).
Treasurer Kathy Diederich distributed the draft financial statements with the Board.
Public comments and questions pertaining to town business:
The Board heard comments and questions regarding sod rolled onto lawns, snow piled on the wet-well at the Gladstone Beach lift station, and the possible purchase of a snowblower.
Jerry Guelig motioned to adjourn the meeting at 8:50 p.m., seconded by Mike Wirtz. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home