Johnsburg Sanitary District
Thursday, December 6 2007
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 11/6/07 and 11/12/07 meetings.
3. Discuss Meyer Court extension.
4. Discuss operational issues and review maintenance schedule.
5. Discuss unresolved matters with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1.
6. Consideration and possible establishment of the Recording Secretary’s 2008 compensation.
7. Approval of District bills.
8. Schedule the next meeting.
9. Commissioners’ reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Thursday, December 6th, 2007, at 9:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their December monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present were Jason Meyer and his engineer, Ron Cunzenheim.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 9:04 a.m.
2. Approval of meeting minutes. The Commission reviewed the minutes of the 11/6/07 and 11/12/07 meetings. Hearing no objections, the President declared the minutes approved as presented.
3. Review Meyer Court extension. Jason & Jolene Meyer are working with Ron Cunzenheim. Mr. Cunzenheim has designed an extension of the gravity sewer. The plans will be submitted to Foth & Van Dyke, the District’s engineering firm, for their review. The Commission discussed swapping 15.75 acres from the Sewer Service Area with land located near CTH W and Hemlock Road in order to add the Meyer Court extension area. The Commission will notify the owners before removing the land from the Sewer Service Area. The Commission will meet on Tuesday, December 11th, at 9:00 a.m., for further consideration of the acreage swap.
Mr. Cunzenheim has presented the proposed extension to the OSG Technical Standards Commission. There were no objections and no problems are anticipated with its approval. The City of Fond du Lac will need to submit notification to all affected parties.
After East Central approves the acreage swap and the City of Fond du Lac approves the extension; the District will submit a Letter of Approval to the developer.
The future lot development will proceed by Certified Survey Maps.
4. Discuss operational issues and review the maintenance schedule. The Commission will review the maintenance schedules with Brian Schmitz at the December 11th meeting.
5. Discuss unresolved matters with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1. The Town Board will discuss and possibly appoint a commissioner to the TSD#1 Commission at their December 10th meeting. To date, three candidates have submitted letters of interest and qualifications.
Joint meetings with the other districts are scheduled for February 4th and March 3rd.
6. Consideration and possible establishment of the Recording Secretary’s 2008 compensation. Ken Schneider motioned to establish the Recording Secretary’s 2008 compensation as follows:
• $15.00 per hour,
• Six hours per month for monthly meetings,
• One hour per day for other work.
The motion was seconded by Dennis Lefeber. Motion carried (3-0). The compensation is not intended to include the joint meetings that have occurred in the past and will occur in the future. This work is anticipated to be compensated equally by all four districts.
7. Approval of District bills. Dennis Lefeber motion to approve the bills totaling $9,626.21 (order nos. 78-87), and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $9,400.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account for operational expenses,
• Transfer $7,210.52 from the User Charge Account to the RD-Debt Service Account,
• Transfer $584.64 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account,
• Acknowledge the $44,478.00 annual debt payment supported by special assessments,
• Acknowledge the $16,776.00 annual debt payment supported by property taxes, and
• Acknowledge the $14,547.09 semi-annual debt payment supported by the user charge.
The motion was seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting was scheduled for Tuesday, January 8th, at 9:00 am.
9. Commissioners’ reports and comments. Commission attendance at the Taycheedah Town Board meeting was encouraged.
10. Adjournment. The Chairman declared the meeting adjourned at 11:38 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home