Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, January 8 2008
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 12/6/07 and 12/11/07 meetings.
3. Status of Meyer Court extension.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Discuss eliminating the phone service at the lift stations and control discharge station.
6. Discuss conducting home inspections.
7. Discuss unresolved matters with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1.
8. Consideration and possible acceptance of a Letter of Understanding from Village Accounting for accounting services during calendar year 2008.
9. Consideration and possible approval of WE Energies’ offer to pay their user charge by Electronic Funds Transfer.
10. Approval of District bills.
11. Schedule the next meeting.
12. Commissioners’ reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, January 8th, 2008, at 9:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their January monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m.
2. Approval of meeting minutes. The Commission reviewed the minutes of the 12/6/07 and 12/11/07 meetings. Hearing no objections, the President declared the minutes approved as presented.
3. Status of Meyer Court extension. Foth has reviewed the Meyer Court sewer extension. The Commission requests that all of Foth’s comments and suggestions be incorporated into the plans.
The Commission took action on January 11th to swap 15.75 acres from the Sewer Service Area with land located near CTH W and Hemlock Road in order to add the Meyer Court extension area to the Sewer Service Area. East Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission will not be considering the swap request at their 1/9/08 meeting; as was anticipated. The Planning Commission will consider the request at their March 12th meeting.
4. Discuss operational issues. There was no noticed spike in flows due to the recent rain.
A Johnsburg Road resident noticed odor when he was in his backyard. The gas meter test has yet to be completed.
5. Discuss eliminating the phone service at the lift stations and control discharge station. The DNR approval letter specifies that automated telephone dialer systems would be a method of alarm. Foth advises that some type of DNR response would be needed to eliminate the system. Dennis Steigenberger will be asked to contact the DNR.
6. Discuss conducting home inspections. Inspections should be done for clearwater connections. One fifth of the homes could be inspected on a yearly basis; thereby inspecting each home once during every 5-year cycle. Brian Schmitz will be asked if he is interested in the additional work.
7. Discuss unresolved matters with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1. The Town Board will interview interested applicants for the Commissioner position on January 21st. It is expected that the Board will discuss and possibly appoint a commissioner to the TSD#1 Commission at their February 11th meeting. To date, four candidates have submitted letters of interest.
Joint meetings with the other districts are scheduled for February 4th and March 3rd.
The District has received payment from Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 for their purchase of additional capacity in the shared sewer.
Ron Cunzenheim is researching the Winnebago Drive bridge replacement issue. The Districts hope to avoid relocating the sewer main.
The District has yet to receive the executed agreements for the purchase of 20 RUEs in the shared sewer. The Agreements are reportedly stalled with Fond du Lac Sanitary District No. 2. FdL#2 has recently relocated the Agreements and will execute them at their next meeting.
8. Consideration and possible acceptance of a Letter of Understanding from Village Accounting for accounting services during calendar year 2008. Dennis Lefeber motioned to accept the Letter of Understanding, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
9. Consideration and possible approval of WE Energies’ offer to pay their user charge by Electronic Funds Transfer. The Consensus of the Commission was to not begin this policy at this time.
10. Approval of District bills. Dennis Lefeber motion to approve the bills totaling $5,766.57 (order nos. 1-9), and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $5,750.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account for operational expenses,
• Transfer $803.56 from the User Charge Account to the RD-Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer $65.16 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
The motion was seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
11. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting was scheduled for Tuesday, February 5th, at 9:00 am.
12. Commissioners’ reports and comments. Commission attendance at the Taycheedah Town Board meeting was encouraged.
January 8th, 2008 Johnsburg Sanitary District 2.
13. Adjournment. The Chairman declared the meeting adjourned at 10:53 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home