Town Boards of the Towns of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac & Friendship
Thursday, January 24 2008
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town of Fond du Lac Town Hall, W5990 W. Pioneer Road, Fond du Lac
The above noted Town Boards will meet to discuss DNR Stormwater Permit requirements; and to consider inter-governmental collaboration in meeting the permit requirements.
Brenda A. Schneider
Taycheedah Town Clerk
The Town Board of the Towns of Fond du Lac, Friendship and Taycheedah met for a Joint Business Meeting on Thursday, January 24th, 2008, at 6:00 p.m., at the Town of Fond du Lac Town Hall.
Members present were:
Town of Fond du Lac Town Board: Chairman Harold Manske, Supervisors Phyllis Giese and LeRoy Schmitz, Clerk Patty Supple and Treasurer Melvin Buechel.
Town of Friendship Town Board: Chairman Chuck McCourt. Friendship chose to be represented by the Chairman.
Town of Taycheedah Town Board: Supervisor Mike Wirtz and Clerk Brenda Schneider. Chairman Jerry Guelig, and Supervisors Tim Simon, Jim Bertram and John Abler were absent.
Also present: Attorney John St. Peter and Ron Cunzenheim, REC Engineering.
Chairman Manske called the meeting to order.
Ron Cunzenheim gave the following overview:
• Based upon the 2000 Census, the Federal government established the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO).
• The MPO encompasses portions of the Towns of Empire, Fond du Lac, Friendship and Taycheedah and a significant portion of the City of Fond du Lac. A detailed map was distributed.
• Due to the MPO designation, the parties were required to apply to the DNR for a Stormwater Permit.
• The Permit requires the following tasks be completed by May 27, 2008:
o Submit public education & outreach program
o Submit public involvement & participation program
o Submit construction site pollutant ordinance
o Submit construction site inspection & enforcement procedures
o Submit post-construction storm water management ordinance
o Submit long-term maintenance procedures
• The Permit further requires the following tasks be completed by October 27, 2008:
o Submit illicit discharge ordinance
o Submit illicit discharge response procedures
o Submit pollution prevention program
o Submit evaluation of flood control structures
o Submit assessment of compliance
o Submit MS4 map.
• All drainage basins in which any portion of the MPO must be mapped.
• Outflows of all drainage basins must be tested for pollutants.
• Pollutants must be reduced by specific percentages over specified periods of time..
• Northeastern Wisconsin Stormwater Consortium (NEWSC) can assist with public education.
Attorney St. Peter gave the following overview:
• Each town will need to adopt a Construction Site Erosion Control Ordinance and a Post-Construction Stormwater Management Ordinance; which would replace any existing ordinances. Attorney St. Peter distributed model ordinances provided by the DNR.
• Friendship and Taycheedah have elected to delegate administration and enforcement of erosion control and stormwater management to Fond du Lac County.
• Attorney St. Peter noted that the Fond du Lac County ordinance will need to be amended in order to comply with NR152.
• Mr. Cunzenheim will contact a local NEWSC member regarding the value of membership and the assistance the organization can provide.
• Mr. Cunzenheim will submit a proposal to each of the towns for the required mapping, etc.
January 24th, 2008 Town of Fond du Lac Town Board 2.
Town of Friendship Town Board
Town of Taycheedah Town Board
• Attorney St. Peter will contact Fond du Lac County regarding the possibility of collaborative efforts for the administration, enforcement and periodic outflow testing.
Next meeting was scheduled for Monday, February 25th at 6:00 p.m., at the Town of Fond du Lac Town Hall.
The meeting adjourned at 7:05 pm.
Brenda A. Schneider
Taycheedah Town Clerk
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home