Wednesday, February 20 2008
TIME: 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
Special Business Meeting
1. Call to order.
2. Consideration and possible acceptance of a proposal to donate a park to the Town.
3. Discuss compiling an ordinance regulating wind turbines.
4. Discuss the Golf Course Drive drainage between Winnebago Drive and Hwy. 151.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Town Board of the Town of Taycheedah met for a special business meeting on Wednesday, February 20th, 2008, at 4:30 p.m., at the Town Hall. Members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors Tim Simon, Mike Wirtz, John Abler (tardy) and Jim Bertram and Clerk Brenda Schneider.
1) Call to order. Chairman Jerry Guelig called the special meeting to order at 4:34 p.m.
2) Consideration and possible acceptance of a proposal to donate a park to the Town. The landowner to the north of the proposed park has been informed and is supportive. The neighbor to the east has yet to be contacted.
The Clerk has been informed by the realtor that another party is interested in purchasing the lot for residential purposes. The particular lot is of significance to the donor.
Mike Wirtz motioned to accept the proposal, as offered by the anonymous donor, to purchase the lot and donate $15,000.00 for the purchase of playground equipment, seconded by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0).
3) Discuss compiling an ordinance regulating wind turbines. After considerable discussion, Jerry Guelig moved to authorize Attorney John St. Peter to develop a draft ordinance regulating wind turbines, seconded by Mike Wirtz. Motion carried (5-0).
4) Discuss the Golf Course Drive drainage between Winnebago Drive and Hwy. 151. Matt Hathe, DOT, will send Chairman Guelig the revised stormwater elevations for the Cty. K/Winnebago Drive intersection.
Fond du Lac County Highway Commission Tom Janke has suggested working with the DOT. The County will not do the engineering for the Town. Supervisor Abler arrived at this time. Janke further suggested purchasing additional right-of-way.
The Board discussed the viability of burying a perforated tile, the possibility of sandbagging the outflow pipes of the Windward Estates retention and pumping water from one retention pond to the other; thus diverting water down the Cty. K ditch. Chairman Guelig will contact Lynn Mathias, Fond du Lac County Land & Water Conservation Dept., for authorization to sandbag the outflow pipes and pump the water. Rick Schneider, the developer of Windward, is willing to assist with a pump.
JE Arthur & Assoc. has submitted a proposal to study feasible options and provide an estimated cost for each option.
Jim Bertram motioned to accept JE Arthurís proposal to engineer the options for the Golf Course Drive drainage issue, seconded by Mike Wirtz. Motion carried (5-0).
Supervisor Abler will contact the Fond du Lac County Emergency Government Dept. to see if there is any assistance available for flooding issues.
5) Adjournment. Jerry Guelig motioned to adjourn at 5:37 p.m., seconded by Tim Simon. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home