Board of Appeals
Wednesday, April 9 2008
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, will conduct a public hearing at the Taycheedah Town Hall, W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway, on Wednesday, April 9th, 2008, at 7:00 p.m., for the purpose of considering a variance request submitted by Dale & Karen Kraus. Mr. & Mrs. Kraus request an exception to the following section of the Town of Taycheedah Code of Ordinances for an addition to their home: Section 13-1-24(f)(3), Highway Setbacks. The front setback of the existing structure does not conform to the Town’s Zoning Ordinance.
The property is located at the W3286 CTH WH.
All affected and interested parties are encouraged to attend and be heard. The Town Board members may be in attendance.
Brenda A. Schneider
Secretary of Appeals Board
The Town of Taycheedah Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on Wednesday, April 9th, 2008, at the request of Dale Kraus. Mr. Kraus requests a variance to Section 13-1-24(f)(3)(a), Highway Setbacks, of the Town of Taycheedah’s Code of Ordinances, to allow for the addition to an existing home that would have a reduced front setback. The property is located at W3286 Cty. WH. Members present were Chairman James Rosenthal, John Buechel, Barb Bertram and Jason Meyer (Alternate #2). Clarence Kraus (Alternate Member #1) recused himself. The Secretary, Brenda Schneider, taped recorded the hearing and took notes. The Chairman called the public hearing to order at 7:05 p.m.. The Secretary read the notice.
Dale Kraus was sworn in. His testimony was as follows:
• He plans to remove the second story.
• The condition of the bricks at the second floor level is poor.
• He intends to add approximately a 35’ x 35’ addition in order to create a ranch-type home.
• His plan would maintain the 97’ from Cty. WH.
• The setback of the barn is an estimated 15 feet.
• Indenting the addition by 3 feet in order to maintain a 100 foot setback would complicate the roof-line of the addition.
• He thought the home was built in 1948.
• The existing porch on the north side would be removed.
Appeals Board discussion was as follows:
• The minimum setback from a Town road is 63 feet.
• The proposed addition will have an 85 foot setback from Tower Road.
• No public comment was given.
John Buechel moved to approve the variance request based upon the information presented by Dale Kraus for an addition to a non-conforming structure with a 97 foot minimum setback from Cty. WH as measured from the center of the road, seconded by Barb Bertram.
Roll call vote:
Barb Bertram aye
John Buechel aye
Jason Meyer aye
Jim Rosenthal aye Motion carried unanimously (4-0).
Mr. Kraus was informed that he must substantially begin the project within six months, or the variance will be void.
John Buechel motioned to adjourn the public hearing at 7:14 p.m., seconded by Barb Bertram. Motion carried (4-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home