Board of Appeals
Wednesday, April 9 2008
TIME: 8:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on Wednesday, May 30th, 2007, at 8:00 p.m., the Town of Taycheedah Zoning Board of Appeals will conduct a public hearing on the possible issuance of a temporary of the Conditional Use Permit to Daniel & Dave Bertram, Carew Concrete & Supply Co. Inc. and Evenson Construction, Co., Inc. The temporary Conditional Use Permit would authorize the parties to operate a ready mix concrete batch plant on portions of the following described lands:
• NE ¼ of the NW ¼ Section 15, T16N, R18E, excluding V2375-956 and excluding CSM #5245-32-74 (V1443-839LC) 19.759 acres, and
• Part of the NE ¼ and the NW ¼ of Section 15, T16N, R18E, commencing at the NE corner of the NW ¼, thence West 320’, East 240’, South 700’, East 155’, thence North 1330’ to the point of beginning as recorded in V1444-765, 5.41 acres, and
• Section 15, T16N, R18E, Lot 1, CSM #5245-32-74 located in the NE ¼ of the NW ¼ (814384LC 864558ALC) 14.086 acres.
This hearing is open to the public.
Town Board members may be in attendance.
Brenda A. Schneider, Clerk
The Town of Taycheedah Zoning Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on Wednesday, April 9th, 2008, at 8:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall for the purpose of requesting an extension of the temporary Conditional Use Permit issued to Carew Concrete & Supply, Co., Summit Quarry and Evenson Construction Co., Inc.. Members present were Chairman James Rosenthal, John Buechel, Barb Bertram, Clarence Kraus (1st Alternate) and Jason Meyer (2nd Alternate). The hearing was tape-recorded and Secretary Brenda Schneider took notes. The Chairman called the public hearing to order at 8:01 pm. Brenda Schneider read the notice of public hearing.
Gary Carew, Carew Concrete, and Pat Strachan, Evanson Construction, were sworn in. Their testimony was as follows:
• It appears that there will not be more turbines built this year.
• Concrete production ended by late November.
• Carew did receive complaints about fast truck traffic. The complaints were addressed.
• They did not receive any complaints about noise or dust.
• They intend to replace the berm, seed the area, etc. by June 30th, 2008.
• They could begin tear down of the plant within the next couple of weeks, with completion by mid May.
• It takes about two days to tear down the plant and another two days to re-construct the berm.
It was noted that a request to extend the CUP was timely filed by Carew, per the directive of the CUP.
Mr. Carew verified that the possibility of supplying concrete for a new barn was not part of the initial request nor did the proposed new barn have any bearing on any request for an extension of the temporary Conditional Use Permit.
No public comment was given.
Jim Rosenthal motioned to extend the temporary Conditional Use Permit to Carew Concrete & Supply, Co., Evenson Construction Co., Inc., Dan & Dave Bertram d.b.a. Summit Quarry, to no later than June 30th, 2008, noting that no further extensions will be considered. The motion was seconded by John Buechel. Roll call vote:
Barb Bertram yes
Clarence Kraus yes
John Buechel yes
Jason Meyer yes
Jim Rosenthal yes Motion carried (5-0).
John Buechel motioned to adjourn the public hearing at 8:14 p.m., seconded by Barb Bertram. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
Appeals Board Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home