Tuesday, April 29 2008
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Consideration and possible approval of a Blasting Permit application submitted by Northeast Asphalt, Inc.
3. Consideration and possible acceptance of a proposal for engineering services for the Golf Course Drive storm sewer project.
4. Consideration and possible approval of the Resolution Accepting Recommendation of Regional Wastewater Technical Standards Committee Regarding the Allocation of the Costs of the New WPCP Among the City and the Members of the OSG.
5. Discuss lack of ditch along Lakeview Road.
6. Discuss an ordinance amendment regarding large farming operations.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Town Board of the Town of Taycheedah met for a special business meeting on Tuesday, April 29th, 2008, at 6:30 p.m., at the Town Hall. Members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors Tim Simon, Mike Wirtz, John Abler and Clarence Kraus and Clerk Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
2. Consideration and possible approval of a Blasting Permit application submitted by Northeast Asphalt, Inc. Northeast Asphalt is working with Larry Dikeman to resolve an issue with sediment in his well.
Jerry Guelig motioned to approve the Permit, seconded by Mike Wirtz. Motion carried (4-0-1). Tim Simon abstained.
3. Consideration and possible acceptance of a proposal for engineering services for Golf Course Drive storm sewer project. The proposal for topographical mapping, designing the alternative, preparing construction plans, administering the bidding process and installing construction staking totals $13,900. The consensus of the Board was to have the underground utilities marked and perform a site visit before acting on the proposal.
4. Consideration and possible approval of the Resolution Accepting Recommendation of Regional Wastewater Technical Standards Committee Regarding the Allocation of the Costs of the New WPCP Among the City and the Members of the OSG. Jerry Guelig motioned to accept the Resolution as presented by Attorney John St. Peter, seconded by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0).
5. Discuss lack of ditch along Lakeview Road. The area lacks a proper ditch. No action was taken. The grade of the land slopes away from the road. The ditch will accommodate an 18” culvert. The owner should install a swale around the property.
6. Discuss an ordinance amendment regarding large farming operations. Paul Dyke, UW-Extension Agent, gave a comprehensive explanation of the DNR’s over-site of large farming operations. The only aspect the DNR does not regulate is odor management. The public would need to be able to prove adverse affects to public health and safety before the DNR would deny a permit. No one in the State has yet been able to provide such proof. Adopting the Siting Ordinance will not give the Town the authority to stop any large farm. It will only transfer administration and enforcement from the DNR to the Town.
Gary Boyke addressed the group. He is working with the Bertrams on the proposed farm. They are in the process of compiling a feasibility study. The results of the study will give him the information he needs in order to decide whether or not to proceed.
His son and daughter have joined the operation. He is considering operating another dairy for their future. He also plans to build his retirement home in the area in a few years.
If he builds the barn, he intends to install a digester; which would remove 70% of the odor. He currently operates a large dairy operation 1,500 feet from the shores of Lake DeNeveu. A digester is used on that farm. They are providing enough electricity for 320 homes. He has not received any complaints from his neighbors.
Mr. Boyke is willing to give tours of his existing farm. He plans to have an Open House in June. He invited everyone to attend.
7. Adjournment. Mike Wirtz motioned to adjourn at 8:08 p.m., seconded by Clarence Kraus. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home