Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, June 3 2008
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 5/6/08 meeting.
3. Inspector’s report on sewer locating prior to digging activity.
4. Discuss operational issues.
5. Consideration and possible approval of the inspection/maintenance reports.
6. Consideration and possible adjustment to the hourly wage paid for maintenance services.
7. Discuss Hydrite Sulfide Control Preliminary Study.
8. Discuss unresolved matters with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1.
9. Establish a Returned Check charge for payments made with insufficient funds.
10. Approval of District bills.
11. Schedule the next meeting.
12. Commissioners’ reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008, at 9:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their June monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Also present was Brian Schmitz, Maintenance Technician.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m.
2. Approval of meeting minutes. The Commission reviewed the minutes of the 5/6/08 meeting. Hearing no objections, the President declared the minutes approved as presented.
3. Inspector’s report on sewer locating prior to digging activity. Inspector Andy Karls reported on a recent locate assignment to the Jim Feyen property. Mr. Karls was required to make two visits. The work could have been accomplished in one visit. The District incurred additional costs. President Schmitz will draft a letter to the Feyens regarding the matter.
4. Discuss operational issues. All clean outs will be inspected for proper frost sleeves when home inspections are done. One-fifth of the homes will be inspected internally each year. Andy Karls is willing to do the home inspections.
Brian Schmitz has tested gas levels at the Johnsburg Road force main discharge location. He has determined that 50 ppm of odorous gas is coming from the east and 38 ppm from the west. There appears to be 12 hour time lapse between the pumping from the list station in Johnsburg to the controlled discharge station on Johnsburg Road. The long retention may be the cause of the odor issues.
Kevin Petrie requested a vent be placed on his house. Consensus of the Commission was to authorize Brian Schmitz to install the vent.
5. Consideration and possible approval of the inspection/maintenance reports. At the December 11th, 2007, special meeting, the Commission met with Brian Schmitz for the purpose of reviewing and adjusting the maintenance schedules provided in the maintenance manual. Report forms have been compiled to accompany the schedule. The consensus of the Commission was to accept the maintenance schedule and report forms.
6. Consideration and possible adjustment to the hourly wage paid for maintenance services. Dennis Lefeber moved to increase the hourly rate for maintenance services to $20 per hour and to reimburse for mileage per the federally established rate, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
7. Discuss Hydrite Sulfide Control Preliminary Study. The consensus of the Commission was to support the Calumet Sanitary District in a trial period and to determine the best course of action after their trial period.
8. Discuss unresolved matters with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1. The Commission discussed recommending an Operation & Maintenance Agreement to Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1.
9. Establish a Returned Check charge for payments made with insufficient funds. Ken Schneider moved to establish a charge of $35.00 for checks returned due to insufficient funds, seconded by Dennis Lefeber. Motion carried (3-0).
10. Approval of District bills. Dennis Lefeber motion to approve the bills totaling $1,834.98 (order nos. 34-39), and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $1,850.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account for operational expenses,
• Transfer $7,487.73 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account,
• Transfer $607.12 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account,
• Re-issue Franz Schmitz’s Dec. 2007 paycheck and to void ck#581 for $831.15
• Transfer $750.00 from the Debt Reserve Acct to the Cert. of Deposit-Debt Reserve.
The motion was seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
Dennis Lefeber departed the meeting at this time.
Brenda Schneider reviewed the current status of the funding of the District’s Debt Service Account.
11. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting was scheduled for Tuesday, July 8th, at 9:00 am.
12. Commissioners’ reports and comments. None given.
13. Adjournment. The Chairman declared the meeting adjourned at 11:19 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home