Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, July 8 2008
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 6/3/08 and 6/20/08 meetings.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Discuss Mr. Schneiderhan’s concerns.
5. Consideration and possible acceptance of a proposal for a Needs Analysis to be prepared by Badger Laboratories & Engineering.
6. Discuss unresolved matters with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1.
7. Consideration and possible approval of a recommendation to Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 regarding an Operations & Maintenance Agreement.
8. Review and possible acceptance of the 2007 CMAR.
9. Approval of District bills.
10. Schedule the next meeting.
11. Commissioners’ reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, July 8th, 2008, at 9:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their July monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Dennis Lefeber and Ken Schneider and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 9:04 a.m.
2. Approval of meeting minutes. The Commission reviewed the minutes of the 6/3/08 and 6/20/08 meetings. Hearing no objections, the President declared the minutes approved as presented.
3. Discuss operational issues. An increase in flows was noted during the recent heavy rain events. Flows have reduced back to normal levels.
Also see Item #4.
4. Discuss Mr. Schneiderhan’s concerns. Mr. Schneiderhan has concerns regarding odorous gases. He is experiencing corrosion of internal copper water piping. President Schmitz drafted a memo, dated 6/17/08, to the Schneiderhans. To summarize the memo, internal plumbing is the responsibility of the home owner.
Mr. & Mrs. Schneiderhan appeared before the Commission. Their home was built in 1967. The copper pipes in the basement are showing signs of corrosion. Approximately two years ago, District maintenance staff installed a charcoal filter on the vent pipe of the Schneiderhan home. Mr. Schneiderhan has removed the filter and plugged the vent. The Commission is concerned that the trapped gases may be causing internal corrosion and presenting a health hazard. Mr. Schneiderhan will remove the filter as soon as possible. He will also research who is responsible for sewer gas damage to internal plumbing.
The District is in the process of evaluating the gas/odor issue. A copy of Hydrite’s report was given to the Schneiderhans.
5. Consideration and possible acceptance of a proposal for a Needs Analysis to be prepared by Badger Laboratories & Engineering. The expected proposal was not received prior to the meeting. The matter was postponed to a future meeting.
6. Discuss unresolved matters with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1. Nothing further to report.
7. Consideration and possible approval of a recommendation to Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 regarding an Operations & Maintenance Agreement. Preliminary word has begun on the Agreement. The presidents planned to meet to discuss the draft document. However, uncontrolled recent issues have postponed the work.
8. Review and possible acceptance of the 2007 CMAR. Dennis Lefeber motioned to accept the 2007 CMAR, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
9. Approval of District bills. Ken Schneider motion to approve the bills totaling $2,444.08 (order nos. 40-50), and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $2,450.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account for operational expenses,
• Transfer $869.91 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account,
• Transfer $70.54 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account, and
• Transfer $8,710.52 from the RD-Construction Account to the Local Revenues Account to transfer the final grant funds.
The motion was seconded by Dennis Lefeber. Motion carried (3-0).
10. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting was scheduled for Tuesday, August 5th, at 9:00 am.
11. Commissioners’ reports and comments. The Commission intends to support Calumet Sanitary District in their efforts to address hydrogen sulfide gas issues.
12. Adjournment. The Chairman declared the meeting adjourned at 11:19 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home