Park & Rec. Committee
Wednesday, July 9 2008
TIME: 9:30 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1) Discuss Hermanns Park development,
2) Public Comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Park & Rec. Advisory Council met on Wednesday, July 9th, 2008, at 9:30 a.m., at the Town Hall. Present were Chairperson Earl Jewett, Laura Pierret, Janet Velasco, Jim Bertram and Secretary Brenda Schneider. Absent were Lyle Nett, John Abler, John Rickert, Gary Morgen, John Morris, Bob Roehrig, Kim Bertram, and Ed Schneider.
Chairperson Jewett called the meeting to order at 9:30 a.m..
1) Discuss Hermanns Park Development:
• The fund raising letter went out on June 28th. Donations are coming in daily.
• Discussed other possible fund raising projects:
(1) Flamingo flocking is planned to start late summer.
(2) Aluminum can drive will begin soon.
(3) Winterfest in Kiekhaefer Park: snowshoeing, sleigh rides, hot cocoa, etc.
(4) Babysitting service.
(5) Rummage sale in the spring.
(6) Fish boil in the fall.
• August 9th, 8:00 a.m., was planned for a work day. The group planned to prepare the site for the playground equipment and install the sandbox.
• Roger Braun quoted $15 per foot to extend the sewer lateral to the east side of the lot. Total estimate of $2,000.
• Jim Bertram will coordinate the use of heavy equipment for the work day.
• Laura Pierrett has organized a group to supply refreshments and treats.
• The edging for the playground fall zone was ordered prior to a price increase.
• The fall zone material of rubberized chips has been ordered.
• A hedge will be planted along the right-of-way; located several feet west of the tree line.
2) Public Comment. None given.
No future meetings were scheduled.
3) Adjournment. Chairman Jewett declared the meeting adjourned at 10:45 a.m..
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home