Thursday, October 23 2008
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
Special Business Meeting
1. Call to order.
2. Consideration and acceptance of a Resolution for Notice of Public Contract with an Estimated Cost more Than $5,000, but Not More Than $25,000 for the Golf Course Drive south ditch cleaning, culvert re-positioning and restoration project.
3. Consideration and possible action regarding road repair to Schaefer Road.
4. Consideration and possible approval of a request from WDOT for a reduced cul de sac on Golf Course Drive.
5. Public comment.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Town Board of the Town of Taycheedah met for a Special Business Meeting on Thursday, October 23rd, 2008, at 6:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. Members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors Tim Simon, Mike Wirtz, John Abler and Clarence Kraus. Also present were Clerk Brenda Schneider, Treasurer Kathy Diederich and Road Maintenance Supervisor Mike Sabel.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
2. Consideration and possible acceptance of a Resolution for Notice of Public Contract with an Estimated Cost more Than $5,000, but Not More Than $25,000 for the Golf Course Drive south ditch cleaning, culvert re-positioning and restoration project. FEMA will contribute $8,468.00 toward the project. Their contribution based upon federal rates and will not increase if the cost of the project increases due to postponement.
The Board discussed requesting DOT approval to install a culvert across Golf Course Drive east of the Hwy. 151 for the purpose of carrying some of the water flow from the Windward Estates retention pond to the north along HWY 151 then into the Taycheedah Creek.
The cost to pump the water from the retention pond to the south last winter cost more than $9,000.00; excluding town labor and town equipment use.
The Board also discussed the need to direct the owners of Cheedah Meadows to clean out their retention pond.
Jerry Guelig motioned to approve the Resolution, seconded by John Abler. Motion carried (3-2). Nay-Clarence Kraus and Tim Simon.
3. Consideration and possible action regarding road repair to Schaefer Road. 3-D Dairy has secured financing for the construction of another barn. The site will need 20,000 yards of fill.
3-D Dairy presented the following proposal:
• 1,600 feet from CTH WH to the north: 3-D will absorb the cost of the excavation and the grading and seeding of both ditches. The Town will pay for the gravel. The roadway will be lowered by approximately 6 feet and will be widened to approximately 24 feet.
• 1,000 feet further north beyond the initial 1,600 feet: 3-D will absorb a portion of the cost of moving soil from the west side of the road to the east side. The Town would reimburse 3-D an estimated $3,500 for the east ditch work. 3-d will grade and seed the west ditch. The existing asphalt surface would remain in place. Gravel will be added to each side of the asphalt. The Town will need to seed the east ditch.
• The cost of gravel for a 12” roadbase was estimated at $23,500; including hauling and placement.
• 3-D plans to finish the project by mid December.
• The proposed new road would be very close to the center of the right-of-way.
• The Town would contract with Ed Andrew for the east side ditch work.
Mike Wirtz moved to accept the proposal from 3-Dairy, seconded by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0).
4. Consideration and possible approval of a request from WDOT for a reduced cul de sac on Golf Course Drive. Jerry Guelig motioned to approve the DOT request for a cul de sac with a radius of 36 feet, seconded by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0).
5. Public Comment. None given.
6. Adjournment. Jerry Guelig motioned to adjourn at 7:39 p.m., seconded by Mike Wirtz. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home