Town Boards of the Towns of Fond du Lac, Friendship and Taycheedah
Thursday, March 5 2009
TIME: 3:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town of Fond du Lac Town Hall, W5990 W. Pioneer Road, Fond du Lac
The above noted Town Boards will meet to discuss the Stormwater Permit requirements; and to consider inter-governmental collaboration in meeting the permit requirements.
Brenda A. Schneider
Taycheedah Town Clerk
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Town Board of the Towns of Fond du Lac, Friendship and Taycheedah met for a Joint Business Meeting on Thursday, March 5th, 2009, at 3:00 p.m., at the Town of Fond du Lac Town Hall.
Attendance was as follows:
Town of Fond du Lac Town Board: Chairman Harold Manske, Supervisor LeRoy Schmitz, Clerk Patti Supple and Treasurer Jody Roffers. Absent: Supervisor Phyllis Giese.
Town of Friendship Town Board: Chairman Chuck McCourt and Supervisor Gordon Stettbacher. Absent: Supervisor Dina O’Brien.
Town of Taycheedah Town Board: Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors Mike Wirtz and Clarence Kraus and Clerk Brenda Schneider. Absent: Supervisors Tim Simon and John Abler.
Also present: Jim Bachhuber, AECOM; and Attorney John St. Peter.
Chairman Manske called the meeting to order at 3:08 p.m.
Jim Bachhuber gave the following report:
• He spoke to Gus Glaser recently. Gus has received each of the towns’ year-end submittal. He has yet to review them.
• The towns need to complete and file their Municipal Stormwater Permit Annual Report by 3/31/09. Attorney St. Peter will assist the towns with the compilation of the Report.
• Dispersed the final draft of the Stormwater Pollution Analysis Methods and Results for each town.
o The towns need to reach a minimum of 20% control of pollution loads.
o All three towns are currently exceeding 20%.
o Field infiltration testing in swales can be done to further evaluate the pollution loads.
The testing could be done at anytime when the ground is not frozen.
It will take approximately two full days per town.
Estimated cost of $6,000-$6,500.
• The Towns have approved contracts with AECOM for the testing. Once the testing is complete, he will recalculate the pollution load quantity and submit an addendum to the Stormwater Pollution Analysis Methods and Results for submittal to the DNR.
Gus Glaser supports the testing. He and the towns will be provided the testing locations prior to the work being performed.
• Dispersed the final draft of the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan for each town. The Plans are AECOM’s evaluation of each town’s facilities. The Plans are to be kept at the town facility. Each town is required to perform quarterly inspections of their facilities. AECOM supplied sample inspection reports.
• The first two tasks of the contract have been fulfilled. All three towns have amended their contracts for the infiltration testing.
• The permit requires dry weather flow analysis. Towns have few storm sewers. Jim will research how the towns should proceed with the analysis.
• Jim will compile a list of requirements that are and are not currently being addressed by the towns.
Attorney John St. Peter gave the following report:
• He will submit a copy of the Stormwater Pollution Analysis Methods and Results and the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan to the DNR with each Town’s Annual Report.
• Lynn Mathias, Fond du Lac County Land & Water Conservation Dept., is in the process of revising the County’s Erosion Control and Stormwater Management Ordinance based upon Gus Glaser’s review. Lynn believes the Ordinance may be ready for County Board consideration in April. He will provide a copy of the revised Ordinance once it is completed. The Towns will need to adopt the County’s Ordinance.
March 5th, 2009 Town of Fond du Lac Town Board 2.
Town of Friendship Town Board
Town of Taycheedah Town Board
• He and his staff have compiled public education material. Information can be dispensed via radio, newspaper, town newsletters and websites. All three towns will disperse and discuss After the Storm, a handout compiled by the EPA, at their Annual Meeting.
The next meeting was scheduled for June 10th, 2009, at 3:00 p.m., at the Town of Fond du Lac Town Hall.
The meeting adjourned at 4:00.
Brenda A. Schneider
Taycheedah Town Clerk
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home