Thursday, February 19 2009
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Consideration and possible approval of modifications to the John Deere tractor to be ordered/delivered in 2009.
3. Fire protection provided by Mt. Calvary Fire Department.
4. Consideration and possible action to enter into Closed Session, pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(g), Conferring with legal counsel for the governmental body who is rendering oral or written advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the body with respect to litigation in which it is or is likely to become involved. Subject: Sager vs. Town of Taycheedah Board of Review.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Town Board of the Town of Taycheedah met for a Special Business Meeting on Thursday, February 19th, 2009, at 4:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. Members present were Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors Tim Simon, Mike Wirtz, John Abler and Clarence Kraus. Also present were Clerk Brenda Schneider, Treasurer Kathy Diederich and Road Maintenance Supervisor Mike Sabel.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 4:04 p.m.
2. Consideration and possible approval of modification to the John Deere tractor to be ordered/delivered in 2009. Representatives of Serwe Implement were present to ask that the Town consider upgrading the tractor with panoramic doors and 42” tires. Road staff is also considering eliminating the air suspension cab. The modifications will improve the tractor’s resale value and help to sustain the Town’s trade-in costs. The modifications have a net one-time increase of $1,581.00. Jerry Guelig motioned to approve the modifications, seconded by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0).
3. Fire protection provided by Mt. Calvary Fire Department. Chairman Guelig, after meeting with the highest-elected officials from the Towns of Empire, Forest and Marshfield and the Village of Mt. Calvary, presented a draft letter addressed to the Mt. Calvary Fire Department delineating their municipalities’ expectations of the Department’s budget process, the municipalities' involvement in that process and the methodology that will be used in determining how totals revenue to be collected will be allocated to the municipalities. At the Town Board’s February 16th Board Meeting, authorization for the Chairman to sign the letter on behalf of the Town of Taycheedah failed on a 2-2 vote (Nay-Abler and Wirtz). The Board disagreed on the method of allocating the revenue to be collect from the municipalities.
Mike Wirtz and Kathy Diederich were directed to revise the letter using an alternate method of allocation. Chairman Guelig subsequently presented the revised letter to the other highest-elected officials. The group rejected the revised letter.
Chairman Guelig re-presented a slightly altered initial letter, dated 1/25/09, signed by the chairmen of the Towns of Empire, Forest and Marshfield. All reference to the Village of Mt. Calvary had been removed. Mr. Guelig requested authorization to sign the altered initial letter. Clarence Kraus motioned to sign the letter. The Clerk referenced Code of Ordinances, Section 2-3-13, regarding Robert’s Rules of Order governing the Town Board meetings and Section 2-3-16, regarding reconsideration requiring a motion be made by a member who voted in the majority. No such motion was made by Abler or Wirtz. Mr. Kraus’ motion died for lack of a second. Chairman Guelig will consult with Attorney John St. Peter regarding parliamentary procedure.
4. Consideration and possible action to enter into Closed Session, pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(g), conferring with legal counsel for the governmental body who is rendering oral or written advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the body with respect to litigation in which it is or is likely to become involved. Subject: Sager vs. Town of Taycheedah Board of Review. Jerry Guelig motioned to enter into Closed Session at 4:56 p.m., seconded by John Abler. Motion carried unanimously by roll call vote. Jerry Guelig motioned to reconvene into Open Session at 5:12 p.m., seconded by Mike Wirtz. Motion carried (5-0).
5. Adjournment. Jerry Guelig motioned to adjourn at 5:12 p.m., seconded by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home