Park & Rec Committee
Wednesday, March 25 2009
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Town Hall
1) Discuss 2009 projects:
a) Hermanns Park development.
b) Kiekhaefer Park maintenance and projects.
2) Review the Outdoor Recreation and Open Space Plan.
3) Public Comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Park & Rec. Advisory Council met on Wednesday, March 25th, 2009, at 6:30 p.m., at the Town Hall. Present were Chairperson Earl Jewett, Jim Bertram, Ed Schneider, Janet Velasco, Gary Morgen, John Rickert and Secretary Brenda Schneider. Absent were: Laura Pierret, John Abler, John Morris, Bob Roehrig, Kim Bertram, and Lyle Nett.
Chairperson Jewett called the meeting to order at 6:31 p.m.
1) Discuss 2009 projects
a) Hermanns Park:
(1) Judy Bertram has secured a $300 grant for plantings. Ann Hanson will provide landscaping work.
(2) Planting a hedge along CTH QQ was proposed. The hedge would be bare-root, salt tolerant plants.
(3) Janet Velasco motioned to plant a shrub hedge along CTH QQ, seconded by Gary Morgen. Motion carried.
(4) The Netts are donating several large evergreens that will be planted along the east border. Tim Preston will donate tree moving services.
b) Kiekhaefer Park:
(1) Sled hill lights--
(a) Fife is willing to donate wood poles; however, the City of Fond du Lac has used metal and fiberglass poles available for such use. John Rickert and Mike Sabel will work with the City to obtain three poles.
(b) One will be installed at the southeast corner facing the small sledding hill. Another will be installed near the top of the steeper sledding hill. And the third will be installed at the parking lot.
(c) Earl will meet with an engineer from Alliant to plan the service extension. The closest pole is at the corner of the Hagedorn property. Alliant would want the pole bases installed by the Town. This will be discussed further at future meetings.
(2) Benches--Holyland Snowmobile Club is interested in donating benches but they need more information. A galvanized framed bench with plastic boards is approximately $226.00, excluding shipping. The Committee will further research bench styles.
(3) Donation canister--Jim Bertram will research a design similar to the canister at Fisherman’s Road Boat Launch.
(4) Erosion control--Local snowmobile club will to assist.
(5) Silica Road parking lot—
(a) 50’ of the chain-link fence could be re-located from an east/west orientation to a north/south position; which would create the west border of the parking lot.
(b) The existing gate could be moved to the south end of the chain-link fence; which would be over the existing driveway access to the brush drop-off site.
(c) A 50’x50’ parking lot would be created.
(d) Cedar split-rail fencing would be installed as the east and south borders. The estimated cost of 100’ of fencing is $600.00.
(e) The rusty barbed wire along Silica Road will be removed.
(f) The mountain biking club would be asked to assist with the project.
(g) Ed Schneider motioned to create a new entrance and parking lot at the north end of the Park, seconded by Janet Velasco. Motion carried.
(6) Pet waste--Mike Reichling will build a pet waste supply container.
2) Review the Outdoor Recreation and Open Space Plan. Review was postponed to a future meeting. Committee did discuss pursuing the establishment of a trail from Kiekhaefer Park to the north end of the Town and the proposed Lake trail included in the Town’s Comprehensive Plan.
3) Public Comment. None given.
Next meeting was scheduled for Thursday, April 16th, at 6:30 p.m. The Spring Work Day was scheduled for Saturday, April 25th, at 8:00 a.m.
March 25th, 2009 Park & Rec. Advisory Council 2.
4) Adjournment. Chairman Jewett declared the meeting adjourned at 8:13 p.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home