Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, May 12 2009
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 4/14/09 meeting.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Consideration and possible acceptance of the Letter of Understanding with Village Accounting for accounting services for 2009.
5. Discuss WE Energies’ electronic payment request and possibly waive interest charges for late payments.
6. Status of the Operations & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary Dist. #1.
7. Discuss matters related to the joint sanitary district meeting to be held on May 12th.
8. Approval of District bills.
9. Discuss Debt Reserve Account investments.
10. Schedule the next meeting.
11. Commissioners’ reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, at 4:03 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their May monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Ken Schneider and Dennis Lefeber. Also present was Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 4:03 p.m.
2. Approval of meeting minutes. Dennis Lefeber moved to approve the minutes of the April 14th meeting as distributed, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
3. Discuss operational issues. No issues were noted.
4. Consideration and possible acceptance of the Letter of Understanding with Village Accounting for accounting services for 2009. Dennis Lefeber motioned to accept the Letter of Understanding, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
5. Discuss WE Energies’ electronic payment request and possibly waive interest charges for late payment. No action was taken on the request. The Commission noted the District’s policy of requiring payment within 30 days. All late payments will be charge interest. WE Energies could pay their user charge bill one quarter ahead.
6. Status of the Operations & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1. The Johnsburg Sanitary Commission submitted a draft Agreement to Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 on 10/23/08. Karen Schwengels, President, Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1, submitted comments; which were reviewed by the Commission at their 1/22/09 meeting. Brenda Schneider reported Johnsburg’s responses to TSD#1 at their monthly meeting on 1/26/09. The full TSD#1 Commission reviewed JSD’s responses at their 2/21/09 meeting. Their responses were received by JSD on 3/2/09. JSD’s rebuttal comments were compiled during their 3/3/09 meeting and were subsequently submitted to TSD#1. JSD is awaiting further response from TSD#1.
7. Discuss matters related to the joint sanitary district meeting to be held on May 12th. The Commission preferred to have joint contract with Calumet Sanitary District and Taycheedah Sanitary District #3; however, these districts do not seem to support a joint contract. Also, the Commission will not agree cost-sharing expenses at the three lift station location if the other districts are not billed accordingly.
8. Approval of District bills. Dennis Lefeber motioned to approve the bills totaling $2,561.27 (order nos. 35-41), and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $2,600.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account for operational expenses,
• Transfer $7,833.58 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account,
• Transfer $635.16 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement,
• Refund the special assessment installment payment of $821.25 to Malone Heritage Museum, and
• Acknowledge the semi-annual debt payment of $14,819.00 from the Debt Service Account.
The motion was seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
9. Discuss Debt Service Account investments. The CD matured on May 6th. Commission directive was to renew the $50,000 CD and transfer an additional $89,000 into it for a term of 6 months.
10. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be held on June 2nd, at 10:00 a.m.
11. Commissioners’ reports and comments. Brian Schmitz, Maintenance Technician, will be advised to attend a pump repair class offered by Wisconsin Rural Water Association. The class will be held on June 18th, in Waupun.
12. Adjournment. The Chairman declared the meeting adjourned at 4:43 p.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home