Monday, June 1 2009
TIME: 7:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Calumet Town Hall, W2104 CTH HH, Malone
The Town Board of the Town of Taycheedah will meet with the Town Boards of the Town of Calumet and the Town of Brothertown and the Calumet Volunteer Fire Department to discuss any and all matters relating to fire protection provided to the Town of Taycheedah by the Calumet Volunteer Fire Department.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Town Board of the Towns of Brothertown, Calumet and Taycheedah met for a Joint Business Meeting on Monday, June 1st, 2009, at 7:30 p.m., at the Town of Calumet Town Hall. Members present were:
Town of Brothertown Town Board: Chairman Chuck Schneider, Supervisors Delmore Buechel and Larry Propson.
Town of Calumet Town Board: Chairman Bruce Peterson and Supervisor John Bertram. Absent: Supervisor Fritz Anhalt.
Town of Taycheedah Town Board: Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors Jim Rosenthal, John Abler, Clarence Kraus and Tim Simon and Clerk Brenda Schneider.
Also present: Ken Haensgen and Keith Lefeber, representing the Calumet Volunteer Fire Department.
Chairman Peterson called the meeting to order.
Chairman Peterson informed the group that he, Delmore Buechel and Jerry Guelig met in February to discuss revising the Fire Protection Contract. Subsequently, Mr. Peterson met with officials from the Fire Department to review a draft contract.
Chairman Peterson dispersed a proposed contract. Comments, questions and suggested revisions to the proposed contract were as follows:
• Chairman Peterson intends to insert a description of the area served. A description of Taycheedah’s service area would be difficult due to the fact that the only a portion of the service area follows roads.
• The proposed contract joins Taycheedah and Brothertown in one contract. The towns prefer to have separate contracts.
• The proposed contract includes First Responder service. It was noted that the Calumet First Responders service all of Taycheedah; which would require a different description than what would be noted as the fire service area.
• The proposed contract has a two-year term. The intent of the term is to require the parties to meet and discuss contract issues on a bi-annual basis. It would also allow a better timeframe to determine if a revised method of financial support is preferred.
• The proposed contract would require a joint meeting with a representative of each town to discuss next year’s budget prior to September 15. After the joint meeting, the fire protection budget would be presented to the Calumet Town Board for approval.
• The proposed contract divides financial support based upon the number of residences and business. After further discussion, the group consensus was that financial support would be more equitably split based percentage of equalized value of improvements. The percentage would be adjusted annually based upon the Wisconsin Department of Revenue’s yearly equalized value reports.
• The item related to a service receiving entity to pay for ambulance service incurred by the fire fighting service was deleted.
• The group discussed whether or not mention should be made about the proposed Calumet County Dive Team. The consensus was that any new services, not related to fire protection or EMS, shall be approved by the three towns.
• Taycheedah and Brothertown need to decide if the historic 50% ratio of equalized value of improvements applied to the Calumet Fire Department service area is equitable.
Taycheedah and Brothertown will review and discuss the proposed contract during their upcoming Board meetings.
Chairman Peterson declared the meeting adjourned at 9:30 p.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, Clerk
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home