Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, July 7 2009
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 6/2/09 meetings.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Consideration and possible ratification of the District’s 2008 Compliance Maintenance Annual Report.
5. Status of the Operations & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary Dist. #1.
6. Approval of District bills.
7. Schedule the next meeting.
8. Commissioners’ reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, July 7th, 2009, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their July monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz, Commissioners Ken Schneider (tardy) and Dennis Lefeber. Also present was Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Approval of meeting minutes. Dennis Lefeber moved to approve the minutes of the June 2nd monthly meeting, seconded by Franz Schmitz. Motion carried (2-0-1 absent).
3. Discuss operational issues. The contractor for the Hwy 151 project hit a Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 manhole on June 24th. The hit caused excavation material to fall into the manhole; which caused an obstruction of the flow line. Johnsburg subsequently shut down their lift station until the flow line was free of debris. The District incurred approximately $25.00 in costs. Ken Schneider arrived at this time. Franz will contact Sig Tomkalski, TSD#1 President, about the matter.
The grinder pump located at the Welter residence has rust problems on the pit. Brian Schmitz will be directed to apply a protective coating.
Stemper’s noticed high levels of odor last week. Brian will change the crystals in their filter.
The Commission consensus was to install a fan in the dry well of the flow meter in an attempt to reduce odor issues.
4. Consideration and possible ratification of the District’s 2008 Compliance Maintenance Annual Report. The Report was timely filed by June 30th. Dennis Lefeber motioned to ratify the 2008 CMAR, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
5. Status of the Operations & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1. The Johnsburg Sanitary Commission submitted a draft Agreement to Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 on 10/23/08. Karen Schwengels, President, Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1, submitted comments; which were reviewed by the Commission at their 1/22/09 meeting. Brenda Schneider reported Johnsburg’s responses to TSD#1 at their monthly meeting on 1/26/09. The full TSD#1 Commission reviewed JSD’s responses at their 2/21/09 meeting. Their responses were received by JSD on 3/2/09. JSD’s rebuttal comments were compiled during their 3/3/09 meeting and were subsequently submitted to TSD#1.The District is currently awaiting an official response from TSD#1.
6. Approval of District bills. Dennis Lefeber motioned to approve the bills totaling $5,920.31 (order nos. 44-52), and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $5,900.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account for operational expenses,
• Transfer $200.82 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account,
• Transfer $16.28 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account, and
• Reimburse TSD#3 $1,445.56 for funds deposited into the JSD account by error.
The motion was seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
Dennis Lefeber motioned to renew the Local Revenues CD for a period of 12 months, at a rate of 1.5%, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
The Commission reviewed the detail of the District’s Debt Service Account. Dennis Lefeber motioned to authorize the payment of $11,224.00 to be applied as an additional principal payment on the debt supported by the property tax, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
Dennis Lefeber motioned to renew the Debt Service CD for a period of 12 months, at a rate of 1.5%, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
Dennis Lefeber moved to negate the previous motions to renew the CDs for 12 month periods and to renew both CDs for a period of 6 months as offered by National Exchange Bank as an automatic renewal option, at a rate of 1.25%, seconded by Ken Schneider. Motion carried (3-0).
7. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be held on August 4th, at 10:00 a.m. The next joint sanitary district meeting is scheduled for July 23rd, at 5:00 p.m.
8. Commissioners’ reports and comments. None given.
July 7th, 2009 Johnsburg Sanitary District 2.
9. Adjournment. The Chairman declared the meeting adjourned at 11:15 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home