Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3
Wednesday, July 15 2009
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 6/17/09 meeting.
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
Consideration and possible action regarding maintenance and operational issues.
1) Discuss completing the remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement.
2) Discuss drainage at CTH QQ and Rosenthal Court and the condition of the asphalt surface at Rosenthal Court.
3) Review the 2008 true-up for wastewater treatment.
1) Discuss Jerry Schmitz’s damage complaint.
2) Discuss the transition of accounting services.
3) Review and ratify the 2008 Compliance Maintenance Annual Report.
4) Approval of bills.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
The Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3-St. Peter Area Commission met on Wednesday, July 15th, 2009, at 4:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their July monthly meeting. Members present were President Bill Gius, Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel, Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider and Maintenance Technician Bud Sabel.
Call to order. President Gius called the meeting to order at 4:05 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes. Mike Sabel moved to approve the minutes of the 6/17/09 meeting, seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance Report.
The grinder pump at the Evenson residence malfunctioned. The pump was removed and taken to WW Electric for service. The spare pump has been installed in its place. The spare pump seems draws down slowly. WW will take a look at it after it is no longer needed at the Evensons.
Bud advised the Commission that the lift stations at Church Road, Shady Lane, Evergreen Court and Schuster Lane should be flushed of built-up debris.
It was reported that the lateral trench settlements across the pavement on Decorah Lane and Evergreen Court were recently repaired.
The flows at the Evergreen Court lift station have been elevated lately. The Commission may have that segment televised this summer. It was also noted that the Church Road flows have been decreasing.
1. Discuss completing remaining issues that pertain to the construction of the sewer collection system.
a. Wehner easement. Documentation pertaining to the negotiations with the Wehners has been delivered to Attorney Sharpe’s office. The Commission is awaiting a response from Attorney Sharpe.
2. Discuss drainage at CTH QQ and Rosenthal Court and the condition of the asphalt surface at Rosenthal Court. Written correspondence from Jim Rosenthal, dated July 8, 2009, was reviewed by the Commission.
The County was expected to correct the ditch elevations; but they stated they no longer have the funds to do the work. The Commission will meet with Mr. Rosenthal and the County Highway Department.
The blacktop patch area on Rosenthal Court will be repaired by the Town tomorrow.
3. Review the 2008 true-up for wastewater treatment. The true-up calculations were analyzed and found to be accurate.
1. Discuss Jerry Schmitz’s damage complaint. The Schmitzs allege they incurred damage due to blasting done in conjunction with the sewer construction. Barbarossa Blasting Company’s insurance carrier did contact them. They have not received any compensation from the blaster or their insurance company. Barbarossa did a pre-blast study of the home; but they claim to have lost the video. The Schmitzs did receive some money from their home owner’s insurance carrier. The Schmitzs were advised to hire an attorney to file a lawsuit against all parties involved.
2. Discuss the transition of accounting services. The quarterly user charge bills have been mailed, the payroll system has been established and the May 31st financial information is expected later this week.
3. Review and ratify the 2008 Compliance Maintenance Annual Report. Bill Gius moved to ratify the 2008 CMAR, seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (5-0).
4. Approval of bills. Bill Gius moved to approve the bills (order nos. 53-64) totaling $3,353.01, seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0). Bill Gius moved to
• Authorize the transfer of $3,350.00 from the Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account,
• Authorize the transfer of $13,765.58 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account,
• Authorize the transfer of $712.02 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account, and
• Authorize the refund of $550.00 from the Debt Service Account to Tyler Wehner for an overpaid special assessment.
The motion was seconded by John Rickert. Motion carried (3-0).
Public Comment. None given.
July 15th, 2009 Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3 2.
Adjournment. Bill Gius moved to adjourn the meeting at 5:36 p.m., seconded by Mike Sabel. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home