Johnsburg Sanitary District
Tuesday, August 4 2009
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of minutes of the 7/7/09 meetings.
3. Discuss operational issues.
4. Review ordinance for transferring district costs to developers.
5. Discuss modifications requested to a grinder pump control panel.
6. Status of the Operations & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary Dist. #1.
7. Approval of District bills.
8. Schedule the next meeting.
9. Commissioners’ reports and comments.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
The Johnsburg Sanitary District Commission met on Tuesday, August 4th, 2009, at 10:00 a.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, for the purpose of conducting their August monthly meeting. Members present were President Franz Schmitz and Commissioner Dennis Lefeber (tardy). Also present was Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider. Absent was Commissioner Ken Schneider.
1. Call to order. President Schmitz called the meeting to order at 10:24 a.m.
2. Approval of meeting minutes. President Schmitz declared the minutes of the July 7th meeting approved as presented.
3. Discuss operational issues. The contractor for the Hwy 151 project hit a Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 manhole on June 24th. The hit caused excavation material to fall into the manhole; which caused an obstruction of the flow line. Johnsburg subsequently shut down their lift station until the flow line was free of debris. The District incurred approximately $25.00 in costs. Dennis Lefeber motioned to submit a bill to TSD#1 for Brian’s wages, seconded by Franz Schmitz. Motion carried (2-0-1 absent).
The grinder pump located at the Welter residence has rust problems on the pit. Brian Schmitz will be directed to apply a protective coating.
Brian Schmitz has siphoned the water from the above-ground air vents.
The Commission consensus was to install a fan in the dry well of the flow meter in an attempt to reduce odor issues. The fan has yet to be installed.
4. Review ordinance for transferring district costs to developers. Section 6.20 of the District’s Sewer Use Ordinance requires the developer to reimburse the District for all costs incurred for any future extensions.
5. Discuss modifications requested to a grinder pump control panel. Cheryl Kapfenstein plans to increase the grade by 3 feet for a landscaping project. She requested the District raise the height of the grinder pump control panel.
The District owns the grinder pump systems; therefore, the District will contract for the service. The Commission will contact Thome Electric for a quote to raise the panel. The costs incurred will be billed to the owners. President Schmitz will communicate the costs with the owners prior to authorize the work.
6. Status of the Operations & Maintenance Agreement with Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1. The Johnsburg Sanitary Commission submitted a draft Agreement to Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1 on 10/23/08. Karen Schwengels, President, Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1, submitted comments; which were reviewed by the Commission at their 1/22/09 meeting. Brenda Schneider reported Johnsburg’s responses to TSD#1 at their monthly meeting on 1/26/09. The full TSD#1 Commission reviewed JSD’s responses at their 2/21/09 meeting. Their responses were received by JSD on 3/2/09. JSD’s rebuttal comments were compiled during their 3/3/09 meeting and were subsequently submitted to TSD#1.The District is currently awaiting an official response from TSD#1.
President Tomkalski has requested the District proportionately share in the cost of installing a motion-sensitive light at the Brookhaven Beach lift station for security purposes. Franz Schmitz moved to contribute the estimated less than $6.00 toward the cost of the light, seconded by Dennis Lefeber. Motion carried (2-0-1 absent).
7. Approval of District bills. Dennis Lefeber motioned to approve the bills totaling $2,410.50 (order nos. 53-60), and to authorize the following:
• Transfer $2,500.00 from the User Charge Account to the regular checking account for operational expenses,
• Transfer $203.62 from the User Charge Account to the Debt Service Account, and
• Transfer $16.51 from the User Charge Account to the Reserve for Replacement Account.
The motion was seconded by Franz Schmitz. Motion carried (2-0-1 absent).
8. Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting will be held on September 1st, at 10:00 a.m. The semi-annual OSG meeting will be held on September 17th.
August 4th, 2009 Johnsburg Sanitary District 2.
9. Commissioners’ reports and comments. The City of Fond du Lac is working on telemetry issues, Ron Cunzenheim is working on bids for multi-district televising and the districts need to keep diligent watch of the Winnebago Drive project due to the need for numerous modifications.
10. Adjournment. The Chairman declared the meeting adjourned at 11:23 a.m.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home