Towns of Empire, Forest, Marshfield, Taycheedah and Village of Mt. Calvary
Monday, August 17 2009
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Mt. Calvary Municipal Building
Representatives of teh Village of Mt. Calvary, the Town of Marshfield, the Town of Empire, the Town of Forest and the Town of Taycheedah will meet to discuss issues related to fire protection.
The Town Board of the Towns of Empire, Forest, Marshfield and Taycheedah and the Village Council of the Village of Mt. Calvary met for a Joint Meeting on Monday, August 17th, 2009, at 7:00 p.m., at the Mt. Calvary Community Center. Members present were:
Town of Empire Town Board: Chairman Jim Pierquet. Absent were: Supervisors John Myst and Norbert Kolell.
Town of Forest Town Board: Chairman Norman Loehr. Absent were: Supervisor Ken Blatz and Gary Kraus.
Town of Marshfield Town Board: Chairman John Bord. Absent were: Supervisors Ken Kraus and Dennis Stenz.
Town of Taycheedah Town Board: Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors John Abler, Jim Rosenthal, Tim Simon, and Clarence Kraus and Clerk Brenda Schneider.
Village of Mt. Calvary Village Council: Absent were: President Ken Mertens and Trustees Glenn Schrage, Paul Keifenheim, Joe Abler, Brian Blatz, James Fahrbach and Mike Petrie.
Mt. Calvary Volunteer Fire Dept.: Paul Petrie.
The group discussed the following issues:
• Currently the Fire Dept pays $25,000 to the Village of Mt. Calvary and $25,000 to the Town of Marshfield. The loan for the new building will be paid off in 2010.
• The Dept. intends to increase their annual allocation to their truck fund starting in 2011.
• In July, Mt. Calvary and Marshfield submitted a rent proposal to the Fire Dept. The Fire Dept submitted a counter-proposal to the Village and Town in August. The parties remain in negotiations at this time.
• The Fire Dept is aware of the draft agreement being compiled by the Towns of Empire, Forest, Marshfield and Taycheedah. The Fire Dept is comfortable with the concept of the draft agreement.
• Taycheedah proposes that each town should have individual agreements with the Fire Dept; however, mirroring the text.
• The Agreement will have a term of three years with an annual increase of 3%, using the amount paid in 2009 as the base, with the exception of Taycheedah having no increase for 2010. Brenda Schneider was asked to compile draft agreements for each town.
• Taycheedah intends to offer the same proposal to the Calumet Fire Department.
• The Village of Mt. Calvary has reported their wish to continue under the same contract.
The next meeting will be the budget review meeting to be held on September 14th.
The meeting was declared adjourned at 7:30 p.m.
Brenda A. Schneider, Clerk
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home