Calumet San. Dist., Town of Fond du Lac San. Dist. #2, Johnsburg San. Dist., Taycheedah San. Dist. #1, Taycheedah San. Dist. #3 and the Taycheedah Tow
Monday, September 14 2009
TIME: 3:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Joint Business Meeting
The above noted entities will meet with representative of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation to discuss the Winnebago Drive reconstruction project.
Brenda A. Schneider
District Recording Secretary
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
CALUMET SANITARY DISTRICT
TOWN OF FOND DU LAC SANITARY DISTRICT NO. 2
JOHNSBURG SANITARY DISTRICT
TOWN OF TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT NO. 1
TOWN OF TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT NO. 3-ST. PETER
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN BOARD
JOINT BUSINESS MEETING
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2009 – 3:00P.M.
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
W4295 KIEKHAEFER PARKWAY
FOND DU LAC, WI 54937-6802
Call to Order
Meeting was called to order at 3:00 p.m. by K. Schwengels.
Present: Calumet SD: R. Wehner
Town of FDL SD2: B. Balson, R. Giese
Johnsburg SD: F, Schmitz, D. Lefeber
TSD1 Commissioners: S. Tomkalski, D. Thome, K. Schwengels
TSD1 Admin. Clerk: C. Born
Taycheedah Town Board: Jim Rosenthal III
Town of Taycheedah: M. Sabel
TSD1 Inspector: A. Karls
REC Engineering: R. Cunzenheim
TSD1 Attorney: M. DeVries
Town of Taycheedah Rep.: K. Diederich
FDL County Hwy Dept.: Paul Sponholtz
WI DOT - Green Bay: Matt Haefs, Bruce Rayden, Alan Rommel
WI DOT – Madison: Warren LaDuke
Joint Districts meet with representatives of the Department of Transportation to discuss the Winnebago Drive reconstruction project.
• K. Schwengels stated purpose of meeting and had everyone introduce themselves and state their titles.
• M. Haefs asked for another meeting and agreed we can work around the catch basin issue and get the water to go in the storm swale.
• R. Cunzenheim indicated that regarding the new storm swale, we do not like the idea of lowering the manholes. Regarding the box culvert crossing our main near the Sandy Beach intersection we cannot, in good conscience, opt for this without concerns about freezing or crushing our sanitary sewer line; DOT representative replied that they have no other option and they feel it is in substandard condition at this time.
• The question was posed to the DOT if the State of Wisconsin would accept liability should the above option cause any problems and K. Schwengels indicated that we would not accept risk and responsibility for the changes.
• DOT representatives felt they presented a very feasible solution by insulating above our pipe and also because easement is in the road right-of-way and they will not take responsibility for any future liability; they also indicated that time was an issue as funding would be cut off if the project was delayed.
• K. Schwengels stated we could not sign any conveyance documents allowing DOT to proceed with their options and questioned if between our engineer and the county and state engineers we can find a resolution to the issues not agreed upon.
• Matt Haefs asked what TSD1 wants to do and that the DOT has given all feasible solutions and it is now our responsibility because our sewer line is in the road right-of-way; R. Cunzenheim felt reconfiguring the end of the culvert was our only option.
• Through further discussion it came up that the elevation drawings referenced by the DOT and TSD1 may be based on different benchmarks and the space between our sanitary main and the insulation above may be different depending on which drawing was referenced – this could possibly alter our response if the space is greater; Matt Haefs said he would verify their drawings and forward a copy to R. Cunzenheim on Tuesday, September 15.
• K. Schwengels requested documents from the DOT conveying to us when and why funding for this project will be stopped if it is delayed; she asked that this information be e-mailed to our attorney Marty DeVries by the end of the business day on Tuesday, September 15.
• Town of FDL representatives asked if the DOT would compensate them for attorney fees, meeting costs, etc. required to deal with all the issues in question, to which the DOT replied that they would check into it to see if they could do anything.
• TSD1 Attorney indicated two options:
1. Hold off on conveyance until we can reach an agreement.
2. Declaratory judgment action in court.
Motion: by S. Tomkalski, second by F. Schmitz, to adjourn.
Vote: Motion carried by unanimous voice vote.
Adjournment. Meeting adjourned at 4:25p.m.
Prepared and submitted by:
Chris Born - Administrative Clerk
Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 1
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home