Board of Appeals
Monday, September 28 2009
TIME: 6:45 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Town of Taycheedah Board of Appeals will conduct a public hearing on Monday, September 28th, 2009, at 6:45 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall, W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway, Fond du Lac, for the purpose of considering a request from Verizon Wireless, to amend the Conditional Use Permit to construct and operate a communication tower. Verizon Wireless intends to replace the existing equipment shelter with a larger shelter, add three antennas and re-locate the back-up generator.
The tower is located on land owned by Gerda Strupp, located in the NE 1/4 of the SE1/4 of Section 5 in the Town of Taycheedah. The site is located at W4376 Golf Course Drive.
Dated the 18th day of September, 2009.
Brenda A. Schneider, Town Clerk
The Town of Taycheedah Board of Appeals conducted a public hearing on Monday, September 28th, 2009, on behalf of Verizon Wireless, to consider amending their Conditional Use Permit for site modifications to a tower located on a parcel of land owned by Gerda Strupp. Members present were Chairman Jim Rosenthal, John Buechel, Tom Friess and Barb Bertram. The Secretary, Brenda Schneider, audio recorded the hearing and took notes. The Chairman called the hearing to order at 6:48 p.m. The Secretary read the notice.
Peter Schau, representing Verizon Wireless, was sworn in. His testimony and responses to Board of Appeals members questions was as follows:
• The tower was erected in 1997.
• Verizon plans to attach three more antennas, for a total of nine on the tower.
• They also plan to replace the equipment shelter with a larger building; and they plan to re-locate the power generator.
• All of the equipment exists within a 40 ft x 60 ft leased area.
• The original CUP was issued to PrimeCo on October 21, 1997. The original permit allows for a maximum of nine antennas.
• The new shelter will be just south of the existing shelter. It will have 10 ft sidewalls with a flat roof. It will be 7 ft longer and 1.5 ft wider.
• They anticipate 30-90 days for construction.
• The tower was built to handle nine antennas. Schau sees no failure possibility.
• They test the equipment about once per month; and whenever alarms are triggered.
• The size and make-up of the equipment will be the only changes.
• They have not experienced any vandalism, or any neighbor complaints.
• The work is planned to improve coverage and capacity.
• The Verizon tower is one of two towers located on the Strupp property. The other tower is owned by DotNet.
There was not public comment presented.
Jim Rosenthal motioned to amend the Conditional Use Permit to allow for the larger equipment building and for the additional three antennas, seconded by John Buechel.
Roll call vote:
Barb Bertram yes
Tom Friess yes
John Buechel yes
Jim Rosenthal yes Motion carried (4-0).
Barb Bertram motioned to adjourn at 7:02 p.m., seconded by Tom Friess. Motion carried (4-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
Board of Appeals Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home